Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Here's what we're looking at if it follows the average shifts of TA and IM3:

8.70M Previews

29.30M Friday (+236.8%)

33.54M Saturday (+14.5%)

25.34M Sunday (-24.4%)

96.87M Weekend

88.17M Fri-Sun

From there, a 2.50 adjusted multiplier (2.37 standard) puts it at 229.1M Domestic.

• Like 2

You know it's summer time when people think they can predict a final films gross after a midnight number. This is a kids friendly film, it'll have a strong weekend. I still say this can go over 100m. Let's not hit the panic button unless the OW is terrible.

• Like 6

You know it's summer time when people think they can predict a final films gross after a midnight number. This is a kids friendly film, it'll have a strong weekend. I still say this can go over 100m. Let's not hit the panic button unless the OW is terrible.

Have you been reading the forum the past couple weeks? I think most people here would hit the panic button if the ow isn't terrible.

• Like 2

Yeah I think it can go over 100M as well.  30M Friday (38.7M overall) and I think it's pushing for it, and that seems more than achievable considering TASM did 27.5M on a Wed, granted it was a holiday period.

Have you been reading the forum the past couple weeks? I think most people here would hit the panic button if the ow isn't terrible.

No I haven't actually. Just came back for the BSG.

I can't believe that some people here are spinning this terrible 8.7 Thursday night number into a positive.  The WOM is not going to be good given the Flixster and RT critics scores.  It is going to have a weak 2.5 multiplier like MOS did.  It has the same RT score (55%) as MOS.  Same kind of ballpark numbers as Thor 2.  The domestic total is not going to be good.  And "claming" rainy weather in the central part of the country tonight isn't going to help.  If anything, a little bit of rainy/drizzly weather encourages people to go to the movies.

I can't believe that some people here are spinning this terrible 8.7 Thursday night number into a positive.  The WOM is not going to be good given the Flixster and RT critics scores.  It is going to have a weak 2.5 multiplier like MOS did.  It has the same RT score (55%) as MOS.  Same kind of ballpark numbers as Thor 2.  The domestic total is not going to be good.  And "claming" rainy weather in the central part of the country tonight isn't going to help.  If anything, a little bit of rainy/drizzly weather encourages people to go to the movies.

I know right, had to check to make sure I wasn't on the SHH boards at times. 

It's a meh number, spinning it positive or negative is silly.  It's pretty average. 

220m is a disaster for a Spidey film. And it's not even gonna do as much as SM1 OS. It's not even gonna be in the yearly top 10, you can't spin that any way around to make it look ok.

SM1 was huge OS,it sold more tickets in Europe than any comic book film ever,huge in Asia,Australia,South America as well.

The first film sold 33,6 million tickets in Europe,TASM sold 16,5.

The vastly inflated 3D grosses just mask the level of interest.

Edited by The Dark Samurai
  • Like 1

If you think saying that we should wait for at the very least today's number before we predict what it will make OW is spinning the number into a positive then yes we are definitely spinning the number. Marvel and especially Spidey have been huge with families and general walk ups. Those people don't show up on a school/work day. All we are saying is let's get some more numbers before we write off it's OW as terrible.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

I can't believe that some people here are spinning this terrible 8.7 Thursday night number into a positive. 

It's nothing gigantic, but it's not awful either. It's ahead of TASM1. That alone is enough to keep 250 well in play. And it's not going to get clobbered by TDKR on its 3rd weekend. Though we all hope Godzilla will be gigantic.

Speaking of most hated film of the year on this forum, Godzilla feels like the opposite. Seems like everyone wants to jump on the Godzilla bandwagon.