CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Different times. TASM2 is clearly hands & shoulders over SM3, it's also better than TASM (acknowledged by quite a few critics & a lot of people) and yet, it's lower. Screw RT, it's worthless and it's just a great tool to control feeble minded individuals who can't think for themselves.

TASM2 is batman and robin territory (without the fun) . What they did to the character in this horrible reboot series is a travesty .

• Founder / Operator

I just think they wanted a number higher than TASM's OD. Something to hang their hat on until they can say TASM2 beat TASM's OW by 25mish. I highly doubt this breaks 90m. 

Agreed. Also, to ensure it beats SM2's $88,156,227...ten years ago... after a Wednesday opening.

:(

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

TASM2 is batman and robin territory (without the fun) . What they did to the character in this horrible reboot series is a travesty .

I can't help but feel this is an overreaction that our overall Internet movie community will move away from. It has some B&R and BF moments, but the characters (outside of villains, save for Harry...sorta) have genuine emotional journeys. That didn't happen in those Batman movies.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

Yeah, nobody living outside of America is gonna do that :lol: Can't wait until that begins. But for now I have to support my team that is on the Europa League final  B)

Don't keep your hopes up. Isn't there many more years to go since that European "Curse" gets lifted? :lol::stirthepot:

I can't help but feel this is an overreaction that our overall Internet movie community will move away from. It has some B&R and BF moments, but the characters (outside of villains, save for Harry...sorta) have genuine emotional journeys. That didn't happen in those Batman movies.

Nope, everything they did to the Spider-man universe is a travesty . The emotional journey thing.....I'd better not comment on its quality . Everything about this series is horrible and time won't be gentle with it .

Agreed. Also, to ensure it beats SM2's $88,156,227...ten years ago... after a Wednesday opening.

:(

That's doable. But like I said last night, Sony will continue making these even of North America gives up completely. Unlike Americans, who prefer doom and gloom in their heroes, OS audiences embrace the lighter fare. We'll eventually turn on the Marvel stuff as well("If there's anything they like more than a hero is to see a hero fail, die trying.") . Wonder what that says about US as a society? Luckily, Americans do not steer the blockbuster ship anymore.  ;)

• Like 1

So, one question for BSG can be answered.

20) Will the first posted "projection" about ASM2 be higher than the number reported with official Friday estimates?

Since the first "projection" was 35M from Nikki, and official estimate is 35.5M, the answer is NO.

• Like 2

The difference between ASM2 and B&R is that the latter is camp all the way through. ASM2 manages to be camp, a romantic comedy, and a serious drama in equal measure, often bouncing between these genres from scene to scene. And it doesn't do any of them well. It's the fast food buffet of superhero films.

I don't think B&R is better, but I can't actually blame anyone for enjoying it more.

• Like 3

That's doable. But like I said last night, Sony will continue making these even of North America gives up completely. Unlike Americans, who prefer doom and gloom in their heroes, OS audiences embrace the lighter fare. We'll eventually turn on the Marvel stuff as well("If there's anything they like more than a hero is to see a hero fail, die trying.") . Wonder what that says about US as a society? Luckily, Americans do not steer the blockbuster ship anymore.  ;)

This assumes Americans have been souring on Spider-Man the last 3 films because they've been "light," instead of "bad." And if Marvel starts turning out movies as bad as SM3 or the ASMs, then they'll deserve to drop just like Spidey has as well.

• Like 4