#ED

Tuesday Actuals 5/6/14: TASM2 - 6.24M

Bears isn't a debacle. It's got great legs for a DisneyNature release. It's already beat a 3x OW multiplier, and probably has a few million to go. So it'll outgross African Cats, and could get close to matching Oceans. Considering it had the smallest OW of any of them, that's pretty impressive.

(It is surprising it's still playing so widely, so I expect it'll see a pretty sharp theater dropoff this weekend, though.)

• Like 1

You're the one bringing up BEARS, not me. :)

Nope. That's YOUR movie because of the emphasis you're making to percentages. I know everyone is trying to find something early in the numbers to offer a prognosis of what's to come. But I don't think there's anything definitive to make a call too far ahead just yet. There's allot of strong positive opinion out there that one normally does not see with films that get mixed reviews. I think the big Tuesday increase reflects some degree of influence from those contrasting opinions. So it's my belief there is still curiosity on the part of general audiences to decide what this movie is. I think this weekend will tell us what side swayed them the most.

Edited by Eastwood47
  • Like 1

Spider-man is on 12,000 screens - per screen it's doing about 35% more than TOW in it's 2nd week

Please, do not pick on Bears - 1) it's had surprisingly good legs 2) it's a nature documentary for kids 3) those bears are really really cute 

• Like 1

Spider-man is on 12,000 screens - per screen it's doing about 35% more than TOW in it's 2nd week

Please, do not pick on Bears - 1) it's had surprisingly good legs 2) it's a nature documentary for kids 3) those bears are really really cute 

I'm not picking on the movie for its subject matter. I'm just illustrating that Telemacho's diminished views on Spider-man's accomplishment for Tuesday receipts is not anchored on sound reasoning.

I'm not picking on the movie for its subject matter. I'm just illustrating that Telemacho's diminished views on Spider-man's accomplishment for Tuesday receipts is not anchored on sound reasoning.

Posted Image

• Like 5

Nope. That's YOUR movie because of the emphasis you're making to percentages. I know everyone is trying to find something early in the numbers to offer a prognosis of what's to come. But I don't think there's anything definitive to make a call too far ahead just yet. There's allot of strong positive opinion out there that one normally does not see with films that get mixed reviews. I think the big Tuesday increase reflects some degree of influence from those contrasting opinions. So it's my belief there is still curiosity on the part of general audiences to decide what this movie is. I think this weekend will tell us what side swayed them the most.

I'm not trying to say anything definitive. I'm merely pointing out that a rising tide raises all boats, and TASM2's +21% (while very solid) isn't as impressive as it would've been if it was +21% with the holders rising the same (or less). You're the one who's targeting a single holdover and trying to hold that up as some particular benchmark to be considered.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to say anything definitive. I'm merely pointing out that a rising tide raises all boats, and TASM2's +21% (while very solid) isn't as impressive as it would've been if it was +21% with the holders rising the same (or less). You're the one who's targeting a single holdover and trying to hold that up as some particular benchmark to be considered.

Did you make that up?

I've always thought Michael Bay would be the right director for MMPR.

He would be perfect! Imagine the explosions!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

God, I wish someone would record Ecstasy's reaction to Chris Evans walking into her home naked. 

I dont think that reaction would be suitable to post on this board.