lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Can you imagine if this became a Transformers - level box office smash?

I don't see a problem but this is Lionsgate. They will sabotage this thing to no end just to assure it bombs spectacularly. That is what they do and they are professionals at it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I don't see a problem but this is Lionsgate. They will sabotage this thing to no end just to assure it bombs spectacularly. That is what they do and they are professionals at it. 

As an individual who still weeps every night over Dredd's abysmal box office intake, I can attest to this.

• Like 4

It appears some of Bandai's toys for the movie will be revealed soon, possibly in a couple of hours, from Rangercrew.

Also, the movie was briefly mentioned by Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer in a Variety article today.  With the news Ascendant is unlikely to be released theatrically, could Lionsgate move around the Power Rangers theatrical release date again?

Edit: I'll just add in this post what Rangercrew has posted tonight on Twitter:

The release date will stay the same, because T-shirts have been spotted with March 24, 2017, on it.

Also, toy pictures of the Ranger figures, and some spoilers for this just in case:

Spoiler

In front of the helmets are the Power Coins, which look more like "Power Cookies" than the original version

Edited by Outrageous!
New details

12 hours ago, CJohn said:

Didn´t they got sued by some execs because of that?

Since this has been discussed back-and-forth on Rangerboard today, I figured the best place to get an answer for this may be here.

Could Lionsgate release a teaser trailer this week for Power Rangers in front of Suicide Squad?  I doubt there will be anything released this week by Lionsgate, as Lionsgate did not have much to offer about Power Rangers at San Diego Comic-Con last month, and many fans expected them release some kind of trailer then, even if it was something very basic.

27 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

There's still seven months left. I wouldn't be worried yet. As long as they don't market it like they did Dredd, it should be fine. Maybe...

I don´t know, LG fucked up big time with Dredd, the movie was actually good so it wasn't that. at least this has Heisenberg for selling some buzz like Godzilla did.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

That fan film is making fun of people who enjoy it btw

I think you are taking it way too seriously. The short doesn't seem any more vicious than just offering a different take on a beloved childhood franchise for fun, in a Robot Chicken-y way.

Of course, the fact that people started pushing for the actual franchise to resemble that fan film was when the train passed Ridiculousville.

Power Morphicon, the Power Rangers fan convention, is being held this weekend, and they are giving out coins featuring the 2017 movie Red Ranger and movie logo.  I wish the movie's power coins resembled more of that coin than what we saw at SDCC, without the logo and copyright notices of course.  Maybe a tyrannosaurus rex could have been on the back.  It is interesting to note the "SCG Power Rangers LLC" trademark and copyright and the "Saban's Power Rangers" on the back, in addition to the other name they use, "Saban Brands."  SCG stands for Saban Capital Group.  They sure like to use a lot of titles.

I know CJohn notes Lionsgate could be a problem for the movie, but what concerns me too is this is also a Saban Brands production.  That company let down a lot of long time Power Rangers fans in 2014 with the non-pirate themed Super Megaforce, despite being based on and using footage from the obviously pirate themed Gokaiger.  Its finale, "Legendary Battle" was considered a huge disappointment by many fans.  If they made such a disappointment for the 20th anniversary of the TV show, what's to say the 2017 movie won't also be a letdown too?