lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

Eh, I could live with that, hopefully their face plates are on most of the time though. It's not like they're ruining awesome costumes from the old tv show, they've always looked balls. Kimberly is still hot, and honestly that's all I really remember from Power Rangers, so I'm glad that's not different.

1 hour ago, angeldelmito said:

Eww. This looks nasty but I bet people will get used to it.

Two previous Power Rangers TV seasons had used the concept of showing the Ranger faces while they had their helmets on: Lightspeed Rescue and Ninja Storm.  Lightspeed still had a clear glass visor, and Ninja Storm is the closest in concept to what this is showing, as their whole face could be seen within the helmet.  The Ninja Storm helmets were rounded without some of the additional elements present on these helmets for the Lionsgate movie version.  In fact, it reminds me more of the old Saban toku show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog than Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 1

right now, not feeling any of this, but this show was never in my wheelhouse as I was older when it showed up.  However, this movie has time to grow on me :) 

The initial interest will be REALLY big for this, previews and Friday IMO, should push 20.  The question is overall quality.  I've always been nervous about the cast (sans Banks and Cranston) but some of these initial looks have just been cheesy.  It could have an atrocious multiplier that weekend and overall.  If its actually a good start to what I'm assuming is a planned franchise I think 150 is definitely a realistic outcome.

18 hours ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Eh, I could live with that, hopefully their face plates are on most of the time though. It's not like they're ruining awesome costumes from the old tv show, they've always looked balls. Kimberly is still hot, and honestly that's all I really remember from Power Rangers, so I'm glad that's not different.

E3C3C5B4-E75F-44EA-BCC2-A31267D6859C.jpg

tumblr_inline_n0zpqxnlOv1ss1lam.gif

Remember this is what they look like when they are fighting.

prangers.jpg

Edited by Klingo

4 hours ago, 75live said:

right now, not feeling any of this, but this show was never in my wheelhouse as I was older when it showed up.  However, this movie has time to grow on me :) 

4 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

The initial interest will be REALLY big for this, previews and Friday IMO, should push 20.  The question is overall quality.  I've always been nervous about the cast (sans Banks and Cranston) but some of these initial looks have just been cheesy.  It could have an atrocious multiplier that weekend and overall.  If its actually a good start to what I'm assuming is a planned franchise I think 150 is definitely a realistic outcome.

I feel these two posts illustrate one of the biggest challenges facing Lionsgate for this movie: finding a larger audience than the TV show.  If you know what is going on in Dino Super Charge right now, and know about the upcoming Ninja Steel, Lionsgate does not need to market this movie to you.  It is everyone else, the types that are similar to 75live, that is the big problem for Lionsgate.  If only the existing TV show's audience goes to see this, then this movie's box office will be more like Warcraft's run in the U.S.: it will end up catering to a largely niche audience, even if superhero films are among the biggest bets studios are making right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

I feel these two posts illustrate one of the biggest challenges facing Lionsgate for this movie: finding a larger audience than the TV show.  If you know what is going on in Dino Super Charge right now, and know about the upcoming Ninja Steel, Lionsgate does not need to market this movie to you.  It is everyone else, the types that are similar to 75live, that is the big problem for Lionsgate.  If only the existing TV show's audience goes to see this, then this movie's box office will be more like Warcraft's run in the U.S.: it will end up catering to a largely niche audience, even if superhero films are among the biggest bets studios are making right now.

I could also see it having a domestic gross similar to Warcraft. Cranston and Banks will bring big name recognition to this movie, but it has some things going against it--what you mentioned and the fact that there is a lot of competition in that month.

14 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

good post.

I really only know of the original show and cast but I never really followed it then  or afterwards obviously.  So yeah if this is based on anything recent, I wouldn't know