Films

Wednesday Numbers. THE AMAZING YOU NEED TO GO AND SEE OTHER WOMAN- 1.2M, TASM2- 4.1M

There's a reason all these 80s and 90s franchises are getting reboots. All the young(ish) suits liked the originals cuz they grew up with them and they're creatively bankrupt, so the "safe bet" is to reboot.

Hollywood isn't creatively bankrupt.They're just chicken shits.
  • Like 3

I'm not instinctively against all remakes. I just don't think this one makes any particular sense.

Especially because it's just a concept. An extremely well executed concept, but a concept none the less. There have been how many buddy cop action movies/comedies over the years? Two mis-matched people brought together to solve a case?Just make another one!!!
  • Like 1

There are so many novels that can be adapted to a movie.  Just going to Barnes and Noble shows that instead of rebooting the movies.  Feels like stagnation here.

Barnes and what?Says the Hollywood producer...
  • Like 1

The funding for films isn't finite so if a remake does get the greenlight it does squeeze funding for original films.

Edited by DeeCee

Klingo, I assume sarcasm...Don't tell me otherwise.

What book would you like for movie adaptation?  Just your view only.  Whether you read it from the library or B&N or Half Price.

If teens don't know about Lethal Weapon, and that's who they're trying to get into theaters, then why call it Lethal Weapon? Why not just make a new buddy cop film starring Chris Hemsworth and Kevin Hart and have it be its own thing? Then maybe 30 years down the line some suit can float the idea of rebooting that Hemsworth & Hart buddy cop flick.

Exactly.

If they are rebooting Lethal Weapon, that's fine.  As long as they take it seriously.  Chris Hemsworth would be cool as Riggs but if they cast someone like Kevin Hart for Murtaugh, I'll lose my shit.

Funny but considering that lead cast choice I'd rather see them remaking 48 hours rather than Lethal Weapon. It would suit better.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1