A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

3 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

...who is this?

They're a new-ish outfit I first heard of a few months back.  Seem to be mostly on the level though I don't know if they've built up enough cred to be taken super seriously.  Don't appear to be "do anything for clicks" school of rumor chasing for what it's worth.

---

ALSO for what it's worth, this is what started off the comment chain:

And there's this further on:

• Like 1

Alex has been very spot on for MCU stuff at least so it wouldn´t surprised me if this is true. I hope it´s true because it´s very much needed. Wonder if they will go to 3 movies a year rather than 4 a year like they have for 2024 and 2025. It also lines up with everything we been hearing for a while now about them scaling back. 

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

The QUANTUMANIA effect.

While that didn't help, I think the release schedule, or rather lack of one, that was already taking shape for this year before AM3 bowed points to a decision already made.

***IF*** this rumormongering is accurate, which is a mighty huge "if".

===

For me, the canary in the coal mine hasn't been Quantumania, but Secret Invasion.  It didn't get a Jan or Feb date.  It didn't get a March date against Mando.  If it gets an April date, it'll be a late one.  Those decisions on dates would have been made well before AM3's... rocky go.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

While that didn't help, I think the release schedule, or rather lack of one, that was already taking shape for this year before AM3 bowed points to a decision already made.

===

For me, the canary in the coal mine hasn't been Quantumania, but Secret Invasion.  It didn't get a Jan or Feb date.  It didn't get a March date against Mando.  If it gets an April date, it'll be a late one.  Those decisions on dates would have been made well before AM3's... rocky go.

Yeah this was definitely in play before Quantumania got released. Marvel knew that this movie would not go over well. It´s no coincidence how much news that dropped about MCU future during that OW. However I do wonder if the BO performance have caused some panic over at Disney.

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

They're a new-ish outfit I first heard of a few months back.  Seem to be mostly on the level though I don't know if they've built up enough cred to be taken super seriously.  Don't appear to be "do anything for clicks" school of rumor chasing for what it's worth.

---

ALSO for what it's worth, this is what started off the comment chain:

And there's this further on:

so even The Marvels will get delayed again? Whoa

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Yeah this was definitely in play before Quantumania got released. Marvel knew that this movie would not go over well. It´s no coincidence how much news that dropped about MCU future during that OW. However I do wonder if the BO performance have caused some panic over at Disney.

Yeah, I don't know about that.  Moving up the premiere and a not-late social embargo lift suggests that they didn't expect Eternals level reactions at the very least.  Kinda feels like hindsight bias at play, even if leaks now start coming out about "Marvel concerns". 

Mind, I pay almost no attention to the MCU scoopersphere so I can't really comment in specifics, but generally speaking I am a little skeptical of immediate finger pointing as even if it's done without malice/people engaging in CYA, hindsight bias is still a thing.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so even The Marvels will get delayed again? Whoa

I don't think so, as that infographic was when The Marvels was slotted for a July release.  So it shifting to November would be part of the meme-ed "Spring cleaning".

(this is part of the problem with pithy photoshopped art on the web — people can read too much into it)

• Like 1

The Marvels will certainly stay in November since both the marketing campaign officially began with the release of the poster and Disney only having Wish as their other bet for over the holidays but wouldn't be surprised if anything that hasn't begun filming yet might be subject to release date musical chairs soon. We shall see.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

===

I am bored, let me theorize schedule:

Movies:

Guardians 3 - 5/5/2023

The Marvels - 11/3/2023 or if it’s get delayed like the rumor said Christmas 2023 with the aim of bullying Aquaman away.

Secret Invasion, Loki and What IF S2 are the shows.

New World Order - 5/3/2024

Thunderbolts - 8/2/2024

Deadpool 3 - 11/8/2024

Echo, Agatha and X-Men 97 are the shows

Blade - 2/11/2025

Fantastic 4 - 5/2/2025

Spider-Man 4 - 7/18/2025

Shang-Chi 2 - 11/7/2025

Daredevil, Wonder-Man and Marvel Zombies are the shows

Armor Wars - 2/10/2026

Doctor Strange 3 - 5/1/2026

Eternals 2 - 11/6/2026

Black Panther 3 - 2/16/2027

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty - 5/7/2027

Untitled movie - 11/5/2027

Avengers: Secret Wars - 5/5/2028

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, I don't know about that.  Moving up the premiere and a not-late social embargo lift suggests that they didn't expect Eternals level reactions at the very least.  Kinda feels like hindsight bias at play, even if leaks now start coming out about "Marvel concerns". 

Mind, I pay almost no attention to the MCU scoopersphere so I can't really comment in specifics, but generally speaking I am a little skeptical of immediate finger pointing as even if it's done without malice/people engaging in CYA, hindsight bias is still a thing.

To be even more general, I think sometimes folks ascribe too much omniscience to studios. They might think they know how a film will be received by the GA, but when it comes right down to it, the GA is too unpredictable and studios can be too close to a project to really tell sometimes until it gets out into the wild (this is one of the reasons why test screenings exist — and even that is a very imperfect tool). 

Or to put it another way, they have more of an idea than us peons, but Hollywood is littered with projects that have surprised studios, both positively and negatively.

(say, for example, Eternals)

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

I am bored, let me theorize schedule:

Movies:

Guardians 3 - 5/5/2023

The Marvels - 11/3/2023 or if it’s get delayed like the rumor said Christmas 2023 with the aim of bullying Aquaman away.

whoa whoa whoa... let's pump the brakes here.  The "rumor" is so general here that unless someone has something more concrete, all it's pointing to was the original delay.

(see my comment a few days ago about the game of telephone)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

whoa whoa whoa... let's pump the brakes here.  The "rumor" is so general here that unless someone has something more concrete, all it's pointing to was the original delay.

(see my comment a few days ago about the game of telephone)

Ik, I just like theorizing lol.

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

Ik, I just like theorizing lol.

Fair enough.  Just trying (probably in vain) to stop the game of telephone in its tracks as if someone sees your comment (as well as John Marston's) about a rumor being out there that The Marvels is getting delayed again and doesn't track it down, they might repeat it elsewhere.

FWIW, I did cross-check this image:

FqO8cAlWYAcB4rN?format=jpg&name=medium

against The Marvel's scheduled July 28th release date, and the smudge matches (as well as Blade which was slotted in at Nov 3rd on that pic and has already moved to Sep 2024).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Fair enough.  Just trying (probably in vain) to stop the game of telephone in its tracks as if someone sees your comment (as well as John Marston's) about a rumor being out there that The Marvels is getting delayed again and doesn't track it down, they might repeat it elsewhere.

FWIW, I did cross-check this image:

FqO8cAlWYAcB4rN?format=jpg&name=medium

against The Marvel's scheduled July 28th release date, and the smudge matches (as well as Blade which was slotted in at Nov 3rd on that pic and has already moved to Sep 2024).

The rumor was more in regards to what Cosmic Circus said but yeah it’s already delayed so it doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

===

If they are going for three movies a year, then the first news we'll hear is that DP3 has been pushed to 2025. CA4, Blade, and Thunderbolts are filming spring and summer this year, and DP3 is also scheduled to start filming this year. So we'll first hear news of the DP3 delay if they are releasing three movies a year instead of four.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:49 AM, Firepower said:

Insanity. Someone at Disney should check Abrams on stealing tons of money if they even care at this point, he's always been a very shady guy.

That is why Warners basically gave Abrams the boot.

He failed to deliver some TV projects on time. A pretty big no no.