A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

13 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

O/U $5 billion worldwide for the 6 movies above?

Under. Think Mufasa takes a big fall, Inside Out 2 has a weakened Pixar and seems like a mediocre sequel except without the nostalgia to safely coast, Cap 4 and Apes I’m thinking around 500-700m WW, Alien doesn’t have the overseas juice either and Deadpool 3 I’m iffy on 1B currently.

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

Under. Think Mufasa takes a big fall, Inside Out 2 has a weakened Pixar and seems like a mediocre sequel except without the nostalgia to safely coast, Cap 4 and Apes I’m thinking around 500-700m WW, Alien doesn’t have the overseas juice either and Deadpool 3 I’m iffy on 1B currently.

Alien is pretty OS heavy, I think the decades of brand damage will prob hurt it though. 

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

LET’S GO!!!!!!!

the avengers fighting GIF by hoppip

Welcome home, Big Guy. WORLD WAR HULK WHEN?!

After the FF showus up in the MCU we will get a classic The Thing VS The Hulk boxing match. GUaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

The only movie I'd avoid is Deadpool 3.  For that one, I'd just open Mother's Day material (which will not be Deadpool's audience) on the 2nd May weekend.  Nothing else should scare any studio out of a date...

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy Stepping Down For Family Medical Leave; Company Vet Kevin Lansberry Named Interim Replacement

https://deadline.com/2023/06/disney-cfo-christine-mccarthy-stepping-down-family-medical-leave-kevin-lansberry-1235418363/

Not exactly a sexy headline but I thought it wold be interesting to post here.

Edited by Boxx93

15 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy Stepping Down For Family Medical Leave; Company Vet Kevin Lansberry Named Interim Replacement

https://deadline.com/2023/06/disney-cfo-christine-mccarthy-stepping-down-family-medical-leave-kevin-lansberry-1235418363/

Not exactly a sexy headline but I thought it wold be interesting to post here.

One CPA.Lawyer replaced by antother CPA/Lawyer. Not big news.CFO'shave are not involved in the production/creative end.

5 hours ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Depends on apes, cap 4 and alien. As much as I dislike TLK Barry Jinkens is a better director than JF and it Should have very good WOM. RR has been smart with not overexposing his brand and it's only gotten Stronger OS because of Wrexham. Inside out 2 should be fine as a nostgaila play.

If apes and cap 4/alien are strong then we should hit that

32 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Depends on apes, cap 4 and alien. As much as I dislike TLK Barry Jinkens is a better director than JF and it Should have very good WOM. RR has been smart with not overexposing his brand and it's only gotten Stronger OS because of Wrexham. Inside out 2 should be fine as a nostgaila play.

If apes and cap 4/alien are strong then we should hit that

Chef > Jenkins's whole filmography 

I get the feeling that if Elio is a flop Pete Docter is toast. Definitely getting demoted.

But if Elio is NOT a flop... then what?

I don't think Pete Docter is necessarily right for the job as boss of Pixar. But at the same time his leadership lead to one of my favorite movies, Turning Red. So it's mixed for me.

So... those plans Iger had about leaving Disney after 2024? Yeah, I no longer believe he'll be gone by then. There's no way he can get all of the company's houses in order in just 18 months.

- Numerous delays on the Marvel and Star Wars side

- Disney+ is still costing them more money then it's earning them

- The DeSantis situation 

- Their animated brands have lost their strength 

Edited by JWR