baumer

SOTM 4 (yep, two at the same time)(guess the date!)

What date will these films surpass the number in question?  So you would answer with both the month and the date....for example ASM2 will pass 202 million by July 7th.

1) Amazing Spider-man 2:  202 mill

2) Neighbors:  105 mill

3) Mom's Night Out:  8 mill

4) Godzilla:  165 mill

5) X-men DOFP:  128 mill

You can go for as many of these as you like.  There are no restrictions.  But, the more you go for, the more points you can lose.  

For every film you call on the exact day that the gross is surpassed, you receive 5000 points.

If you miss it by one day, you still get 3000 points

If you miss it by two days, you lose 5000 points.

If you miss it by three days, you lose 7000 points.

If you miss the gross by more than three days, you lose 12,000 points.  

If you go for all five films, you cannot miss any of the films gross by more than three days.  If you do, not only do you not get any points, but you will lose at least 36,000 points.  The only way you can lose more is if you miss four or five films by more than three days.  So if you go for all five films and you miss at least one by more than three days, the MINIMUM you lose is 36,000 points.  You will lose whatever is greater in amount.  

So for clarity sake, if you go for 4 films, you don't have to worry about the 36,000 rule, unless of course you miss all four films by more than 3 days, then you would actually lose 48,000 points (-12,000X4).

If there are any questions, please let me know.  

Deadline for this is also Saturday May 17th at 9AM forums time.

Tip:

Here is what would happen if you go for all five films and miss every one of them by more than three days:

You would lose 60,000 points (-12,000 on every film)

P.S.

I think I worded this correctly.  Please let me know if there is any confusion.

Good luck!

Any extra bonus for getting all 5 films exactly correct?(Let's be honest you can probably offer a 50k bonus for the likelyhood of managing it) but it will tempt more fools into going for all 5 :)

Any extra bonus for getting all 5 films exactly correct?(Let's be honest you can probably offer a 50k bonus for the likelyhood of managing it) but it will tempt more fools into going for all 5 :)

25,000 is already a lot of points.  

Neighbors- Wednesday 21 2014X-men days of future past- Tuesday 27 2014Moms night out- Thursday 22 2014

Can you put what month you mean please.  I'm assuming for MNO, you are putting May, but I just want to be sure.

• Like 1

I know, but I want to see more people losing 36k as nobody is scoring 25k on this I think :)

If Shawn was playing this year, he'd already be giving me shit for making the SOTM's worth too much.  :)

Every post in here so far:

Posted Image

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

5) X-MEN DOFP: 128mill - May 27th

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2