CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

26 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

I disagree with every single highlighted word here. :) 

This comment reminds me of the scene from My Cousin Vinny.

"Everything that guy just said is bullshit. Thank you."

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

This guy has clearly been on this island for sometime. He's probably gone a little crazy lol

problem is that they are using the crazy stranded guy for comedic effect, which is very telling about the overall tone of the film.

Edited by Goffe

5 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

It has weird tonal shifts and phony humor when you expect a cut and dry movie filled with cool imagery and grit. Yeah, no doubt, that's the same studio that brought you Suicide Squad.

It worked in Suicide Squad, it doesn't mesh well in Kong. At least when it comes to trailers, haven't watched either movie. Could still be perfectly fine in the movie.

Edited by Elessar

11 minutes ago, Goffe said:

problem is that they are using the crazy stranded guy for comedic effect, which is very telling about the overall tone of the film.

Insert confused ice cube gif here

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It worked in Suicide Squad, it kinda doesn't in Kong. At least when it comes to trailers, haven't watched either movie.

Why are you claiming a trailer is a movie then?

If you liked the trailer, great. If you didn't like the trailer, also great. Equating any trailer to its movie is crazy, though... especially if you haven't seen the movie.

• Community Manager
19 minutes ago, Goffe said:

what exactly does it set apart from the regular "fun" cgi spetacle blockbuster that you seem to have contempt for?

For me at least (although I don't hold those movies in contempt), most regular fun cgi spectacle blockbusters don't make my inner 5-year old squeal in joy and want to take over my body.

King Kong looks to be awesome in the literal and figurative sense of the word. I seriously think this movie is going to make $300 million DOM now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Yea, I can see that being a problem if it's not balanced out correctly, but I didn't have a problem with it in the trailer. We'll see how it plays out in the full movie. 

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

For me at least (although I don't hold those movies in contempt), most regular fun cgi spectacle blockbusters don't make my inner 5-year old squeal in joy and want to take over my body.

King Kong looks to be awesome in the literal and figurative sense of the word. I seriously think this movie is going to make $300 million DOM now.

3 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Equating any trailer to its movie is crazy, though... especially if you haven't seen the movie.

At the end of the day a trailer is there to sell the movie. There's still enough to like here, it's not like i hate what i'm seeing. And, like, yeah, (good) blockbusters that are not comic book adaptations or family animation need all the support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I guess it can make more than that but we'll have to see. Peter Jackson's King Kong adjusted made $290 million after all but it opened in December.

This trailer is not hitting as well as the Godzilla 2014 first one and that did 200m. Also King Kong was definitely boosted by Peter Jackson's name as he was at the height of his career. Not seeing how this trailer sells anyone on 300m. If you lowered it by 100m than absolutely reasonable....