CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Just now, Mulder said:

Reveal hidden contents

maybe, but it betrayed the "we gotta get off this island" kind of theme park ride vibe the movie had going for it. And rather than just Jackson going nuts, I just can't believe anyone followed him regardless of his rank. All bets are off when you're on freaking skull island. That and scenes where Larson threw the lighter at the explosive gas ...

:unsure: 

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That's the military for you. It's what is ingrained into a soldier's head.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Hide contents

they should have just stuck with the "2 groups trying to get off the island" rather than have Sam Jackson try and kill Kong and Hiddleston/Larson try and "save him". That was where the movie jumped the shark IMO and went from an 8 to a 6.5

Would you rewatch it Dajk?

4 hours ago, Stormagden said:

61M... and they said it couldn't be done.

I was super hyped for it and even I didn't believe it'd open to over 40M the closer we got. I'm not totally enamored with the movie but I am super proud.

4 hours ago, Stormagden said:

61M... and they said it couldn't be done.

I expected a high 40's to low 50's before Friday. An extra $10 million is icing on this cake.

It's a fun movie, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else but a blockbuster. That's a good opening!

Edited by NoobSaibot

I found this movie to be a lot of fun actually. Its my favorite genre of course so that goes along way. I don't like saying this, but its an entetaining  "turn your brain" off movie. 

Nothing matches the 3 T-rek fight in Jacksons, but after one viewing I would have to give this the slightest of edges over King Kong 05, Jurassic World and Godzilla. Although I feel all 4 of these films are pretty close quality wise, Godzilla being last. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 7

I really wish I had seen this with a more receptive and enthusiastic crowd. Everyone else were basically model theatergoers the one time I didn't want it.

I don't want people to start acting like apes and throwing food and making a mess but damn it, express some shock, laugh, curse in surprise!