CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Saw it. After watching for news of this movie for three years, it was well worth the payoff. I had a lot of fun with this, and while it isn't as emotionally impactful as the original King Kong or the Peter Jackson remake, it doesn't try to imitate any previous films. It actually feels like a new addition to the franchise, instead of a rehash.

I'm HAPPY that this movie exists! It's the King Kong movie I always wanted. And I'm going to throw it out there: It's better than Godzilla. The two are different films, but this movie was meant to be a crowd pleaser.

• Like 5

On 3/7/2017 at 1:55 PM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Kal buddy how are you??

I can't wait to see Kong, hopefully it's good!

What do you think of Life and Ghost in the Shell Kal?

Ghost in the shel looks miscast. Thought our girl from avengers was wrong for this. Time will tell cap buddy. I'll take a look on life trailer and then give you my take on it

Tonight at the theater was so rewarding. As a giant stan for the MonsterVerse and kaiju in general, seeing so many people coming out and enjoying Kong was so nice. Was especially great seeing the kids enjoy it.

• Like 3

This probably won't happen, but I'd love to see Larry Fong get some recognition for his cinematography. Dude is overlooked because he's so involved with Zack Snyder's work, but his work on BvS, Watchmen, Sucker Punch etc. has been phenomenal even when the movies haven't been. 

they should have just stuck with the "2 groups trying to get off the island" rather than have Sam Jackson try and kill Kong and Hiddleston/Larson try and "save him". That was where the movie jumped the shark IMO and went from an 8 to a 6.5

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Entirely disagree there. I think it's vital to the themes of the movie for Jackson's character to go off the deep end.

• Like 6