CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Kong is pretty much guaranteed to underperform domestically. International could save it though 

Why is it guaranteed though? I'm not expecting some huge box office numbers like GODZILLA, but there's literally nothing out there to give us that conclusion. The new trailer has 100% helped it.

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Kong is pretty much guaranteed to underperform domestically. International could save it though 

It depends on what you call underperformance I guess?

I'm really expecting something close to Tarzan last year, which was decent-ish domestically, but with a bigger OS indeed.

26 minutes ago, Cookson said:

You guys are just messing around I'm sure. No way there's midnight numbers. *Confused look*

You know who is RTH, right? One of our studio insiders.

I think these numbers are just how much there is already reserved for the midnight showings next week and by people's reaction it seems to be way lower than what it should be.

Edited by Arlborn

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

You know who is RTH, right? One of our studio insider.

I think these numbers are just how much there is already reserved for the midnight showings next week and by people's reaction it seems to be way lower than what it should be.

We're just fucking around. Rth never reports presale numbers.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

You know who is RTH, right? One of our studio insider.

Yes I know. Honestly I couldn't tell if they were serious. Seriously though, isn't it a bit early for early preview numbers? I would think 1m a week before would be decent as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Guys, according to EmpireCity, Blade Runner 2049 is the worst movie made since Troll 2 and basically proves that Villeneuve is nothing more than a three-hit wonder director hack.

I don't need an insider to tell me that. It was evident for the Shay since the first overhyped snooze fest of the Frenchie, Prisoners. Sicario, and now the stupid Arrival, just sealed it. If this idiot manages to fuck up even Blade Runner there'll be hell to pay!

Edited by shayhiri

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

I don't need an insider to tell me that. It was evident for the Shay since the first overhyped snooze fest of the Frenchie, Prisoners. Sycario, and now the stupid Arrival, just sealed it. If this idiot manages to fuck up even Blade Runner there'll be hell to pay!

o.