ecstasy

Wednesday Throwback May 14, 1914 Box Office

Come into the thread to see the numbers but instead everyone was going on and on about the OP making some small mix up with the days. One guy randomly said he cried watching March of the Penguins.

Arent there mods to stop this kinda nonsense?

Numbers -> http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_numbers/daily/2014-05-15

Edited by CJohn

Is there a chance Spidey misses $200m?

No, not really. It's going to finish this weekend over 170m, possibly close to 175. The memorial day 4 day will probably have it close to 190.  It'll get past 200 sometime in June and can probably get past 220 in total.

Is there a chance Spidey misses $200m?

nah. is 46.5m away. will add 18-20m from thu to sun. then needs 25m odd more. should get to 205m at least.

Edited by a2k

Well me and the Mrs. finished churning the butter and we washed the 5kids in one giant bucket of water. Little Ezekiel almost got thrown out with the dirty bath water....lucky for us young Thomas saw him. Whew.We have made our way to the moving picture house and we have sat down to watch some monster movie called Godzilla. Jeesh. ..hope its its better than the last monster movie we saw, Ants vs. Cockroaches

• Like 5

Godzilla has about as many people right now as ASM2 did at this theater for the first show. I count about 35 right now. Still 10 minutes to go. ASM had about 55-60 when it started.

No, not really. It's going to finish this weekend over 170m, possibly close to 175. The memorial day 4 day will probably have it close to 190.  It'll get past 200 sometime in June and can probably get past 220 in total.

I strongly doubt it passes 220. The movie has had a free run with one of the biggest screen counts ever. Still playing on over 11,000 screens even after Neighbors opened. That all changes tonight when its 2 week contract expires and the theaters start giving more screens to films like Godzilla, Million Dollar Arm, X-Men, and everything else coming out. It is going to be a rough ride for Spidey the rest of the summer.

So I went and saw The Amazing Spiderman 2.

Surprise, surprise, I didn’t hate it. It was a light show just like I thought it would be, but there was a lot I liked about it. The actors, some of the CGI was good (some of it was shitty, much like a video game), I thought the death scene was very well done. Stone and Garfield have a lot of great chemistry together. I didn’t enjoy the opening scene (shaky cam overload), and I thought the humor fell flat.

Overall I gotta say, it blew past my expectations.

Also the 3D was good in certain spots.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

If only Devin had not been pimping for this movie since it was announced.Devin makes up his mind very early on and sticks to it, commendable in a way.

@devincf: BTW: I saw GODZILLA in IMAX 3D and I recommend you do the same.5/11/14, 5:18 AM

Unfortunately, 3D is the only way to see it in IMAX. If I didn't detest 3D so much, IMAX is how I would prefer to see it.

Not that it helps either of you, but I'll be seeing it in IMAX-3D on Saturday. I enjoyed PACIFIC RIM in IMAX-3D, I figure this should be along similar lines.

Won't be seeing it in IMAX 3D at Universal with the family till next weekend, so will not be sitting next to you this time :)SoCal meet up - sometime this century ;)
  • Like 1

Come into the thread to see the numbers but instead everyone was going on and on about the OP making some small mix up with the days. One guy randomly said he cried watching March of the Penguins.

Arent there mods to stop this kinda nonsense?

:rofl:

classic.

that was Jack. Just out of nowhere..

I've watched March of the Penguins three times in the last two days and I cry every time. 

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2