ecstasy

Wednesday Throwback May 14, 1914 Box Office

Short answer: No. Slightly longer answer: No, it was filmed on the Arri Alexa with Panavision lenses.

So 21.50 really isn't worth an admission when times are hard? -_-

Is there a chance Spidey misses $200m?

It would need the most epic of drops the next two weeks.

Still, the fact of the matter that discussion is about how much over $200m can it eek out is evidence enough of it's sheer and utter failure at the domestic box office. 

It would need the most epic of drops the next two weeks. Still, the fact of the matter that discussion is about how much over $200m can it eek out is evidence enough of it's sheer and utter failure at the domestic box office.

it will make 200m I'm sure of it. I'm questioning if it will match TASM1's WW total. China's weekdays have been less than good and after opening 121% higher in Brazil it will fall behind TASM1 in total.

2.2m on Monday, 2.0 on Wednesday. ;)

Wonder if Sony stole some money from HIFR to keep it above 2m? It took them an awfully long time togive their numbers today.

Many films that are not shot with IMAX still look great in the format – Skyfall, Avatar, Prometheus to name a few. Also, films that are shot in IMAX only use the format for specific scenes and the non-IMAX moments still look great. Usually it is the directing style and camera movements that can make a film translate poorly to IMAX. I would never want to see The Bourne Ultimatum in IMAX, but most modern films shot with a classical sense and a quality camera look great in IMAX. I loved Cloud Atlas in IMAX. 

I agree that it's great to see some films on as large a screen as possible, even if it wasn't filmed using IMAX cameras. But in most cases, there are other screens I can choose from that provide just as good an experience.

Many films that are not shot with IMAX still look great in the format – Skyfall, Avatar, Prometheus to name a few. Also, films that are shot in IMAX only use the format for specific scenes and the non-IMAX moments still look great. Usually it is the directing style and camera movements that can make a film translate poorly to IMAX. I would never want to see The Bourne Ultimatum in IMAX, but most modern films shot with a classical sense and a quality camera look great in IMAX. I loved Cloud Atlas in IMAX. 

IMAX DMR is not True IMAX. Bring on True IMAX movies shot with True IMAX Camera like TDKR. I think only Christopher Nolan shoots with True IMAX camera. Most of it what they label as IMAX movies are shot with Arri 4K or RED Epic 4K/5K (Peter Jackson used this for his HOBBITS movies, these are the closest to IMAX superb definition). 

My biggest regret is not to watch TDKR on IMAX for a hundred times more. All IMAX movies I saw has been a series of disappointments (PACRIM, GRAVITY, WRATH OF TITANS). HOBBIT2 & OBLIVION, PROMETHEUS are the only movies that are not shot with IMAX cameras but  achieve IMAX-like definition & experience. PROMETHEUS, directed by Ridley Scott, is the best looking scifi since.....ever. Too bad the writing is super bad. TF3 DARK OF THE MOON is a superbly lensed & processed movie. Worth to see it on IMAX. Just need to tell the filmmakers not to go crazy with the super-tight framing & dizzying MTV fast cuts.