CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

Just on paper 7-10x midnights is possible.

But 7x (<=64m) underestimates the curiosity that Godzilla has generated and WB's marketing making it a movie event.

And 10x(>=93m) doesn't take into account the a huge fan base that was starving for a very long time and the marketing that did enough to attract them early on.

The in-between 8-9x(74-84m) is more reasonable. Always is.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Just on paper 7-10x midnights is possible.But 7x (<=64m) underestimates the curiosity that Godzilla has generated and WB's marketing making it a movie event.And 10x(>=93m) doesn't take into account the a huge fan base that was starving for a very long time and the marketing that did enough to attract them early on.The in-between 8-9x(74-84m) is more reasonable. Always is.

If it follows PR midnight to OW multiplier, it would do 95.5M OW. So 100M+ OW is definitely possible. You're being way too conservative.
  • Like 1

If it follows PR midnight to OW multiplier, it would do 95.5M OW. So 100M+ OW is definitely possible. You're being way too conservative.

godzilla buzz+marketing+fanbase >>> PR buzz+marketing+fanbase

at most i see a cap2 like ow..that too with lower midnights. can't go beyond that imo.

Edited by a2k

So yeah it can cross 100M+. Was this a rebuttal against my arguments, I'm confused.

we were discussing multipliers.

saying midnight:weekend will be more frontloaded for gz compared to pr.

Edited by a2k

we were discussing multipliers.saying midnight:weekend will be more frontloaded for gz compared to pr.

How does it mean that? Cap 2 had even better marketing and more buzz and it did 95M with a 10.2M night previews.