CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

I don't have anything against the movie, but it definitely fits in the fanboy wank category due to all the fake online hype for it.

It did make it seem bigger online, but I still think crossing 100m is respectable. I did expect 5x legs though lol

Edited by bballman24
  • Like 1

Huh, I thought the overall attitude was quite different. The universe was taken very seriously in PR, it wasn't in G98. The humor came from the characters in PR, it was forced in G98; etc.

Well yeah Tele i was talking about the characters. The overall film was obviously a serious subject matter but the scientist, the Abrams lookalike, Hellboy, they were all silly and over the top imo.

I will say Godzilla's overall suckiness has given me a new  found appreciation for Pacific Rim. The action in that movie truly did deliver in spades. It's just too bad about the acting, characters, plot, and that first hour in general.

• Like 1

Pacific Rim has a very George Lucas sensibility. Childlike isn't the right word because I don't mean to describe it in a negative way, but it is a very romantic and innocent style of storytelling which is actually a nice contrast to the hyper realistic tone that a lot of bid-budget blockbusters have since TDK trilogy. I don't think PR implemented the tone so successfully, but I appreciated what it was going for and I would have probably loved it when I was younger. I just think they pushed it a little to far in PR. Regardless, the film had lots of charm to spare. 

The characters in Pacific Rim reminded me of Godzilla 98, the same laughing and jokey attitiude, the same over the top annoying attitude. Oh and that annoying JJ Abrams lookalike and that weird scientist dude, talk about steriotypical characters!.

At least PR didn't

reduce the female lead to being a nurse(how original) whose only job was to react to everything and wait for her husband the military guy who just so happens to be an explosives expert who got home from duty like a week ago.

Contrived and unoriginal.

You're talking about me aren't you Tele?!

Edited by rallax
  • Like 4

I will say Godzilla's overall suckiness has given me a new  found appreciation for Pacific Rim. The action in that movie truly did deliver in spades. It's just too bad about the acting, characters, plot, and that first hour in general.

With a friend like you, that film needs no enemies.

:lol:

• Like 2

I much prefer godzilla but yeah the film could definately of used a few of Pacific Rims action scenes added to it. It would of been a pretty perfect monster movie.