baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

• Founder / Operator

Rth's first estimate 35-39m came pretty early. I'd say about 4pm pacific? Somewhere around there.

Thanks. Yeah, just looked back:

Godz going to go with 35-38 for now

So right after east coast business had started. Late shows must have done better than expected.

• Founder / Operator

yeah, rth posted the new numbers about an hour later(3:15am est) after dhd, nf and hr(2:00am ish).

Yeah, that $30-32m estimate from Nikki just goes to show how far down the chain her source probably was. If they had Rth's access, they wouldn't have gone anywhere near that low.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

This things is going to win the Summer. My crowd jump of their seats to applaud

when Godzilla used the atomic breathing or whatever that was. They did it in the both times it uses it!

Wait, the movie is doing well in Portugal? That does not bode well.

This is easily the most stunning number since Iron Man maybe or the Hunger Games

I don't know about Iron Man but the Hunger Games had ridiculous presales. I had never seen anything like that before. Whole weekends were all sold out in every theater. LOL that's why I went low on my Avengers prediction. I was measuring it against the number of pre-sales THG had and it didn't measure up. Big Mistake, lol.

• Like 1

Wait, the movie is doing well in Portugal? That does not bode well.

No, it is bombing. There were 25 people in the theater. 

Edited by CJohn

Yeah, that $30-32m estimate from Nikki just goes to show how far down the chain her source probably was. If they had Rth's access, they wouldn't have gone anywhere near that low.

LOL she came back and cleaned it up. Said "bigger than expected". I was thinking expected for who?

I tempted to go today at 4:15 showing, but I have no one to go with. :(Never been to a movie theater alone.

If you haven't decided yet, go. Seriously, I went to the 10pm screening by myself (hell, it's how I got that killer ticket) and any apprehension you might feel gets wiped away the second you start sitting in a slowly filling theater with happy, anxious fans. Same thing happened when I saw The Avengers for the first time. It's the besr.(The best reaction I heard was some girl who saw the IMAX screen and went "Holy SHIT!".)

Even though I had plenty of reservations about the movie, I'm openly rooting for Godzilla to stomp and roar to $250M+ DOM. I really believe a sequel could iron out the kinks and deliver something even bigger/better. 

Legendary is planning a sequel, correct?

Do you really think they are not planning a sequel to a movie that will open with 95-99M?

• Like 1