baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Really enjoyed Godzilla.But ATJ really had problems expressing emotions.His face is really stiff and when he did try to show emotion, it looked a grade schooler trying to act.I really, really hope he improves in Avengers 2.

In the case of G, perhaps they can use some excuses-- stay within the military too long gives someone a stiff face(I know some relatives and friends served(serving) as Military,they(not all of them) do have stiff faces even when they having some emotional moments

but I do hope he can improves it in Avengers 2.

Edited by rickfox
  • Like 1

Sat # shows some frontloadness but Godzilla already won even if it doesn't beat spidey 2 or cap 2 OW. I was thinking 65 would be great. So 88-93 would still be beyond fantastic. But im concerned how the legs will hold. There blood in the water for Xmen to try and have the #1 OW.

• Like 4

$95mil is an amazing weekend, whether its Saturday is slightly lower than expected is irrelevant imo, its $95mil ow is amazing. I doubt even the director and studio were expecting a $95mil opening weekend when they greenlight this film.

$200mil total is assured now and even $250mil is well in reach.

Looks like you could accurately predict Godzilla's weekend by comparing Pacific Rim's midnight numbers to Godzilla's.PR made 37.2 m OW from a 3.6 m midnight.Pacific Rim would've made 96.1 m from Godzilla's 9.3 m midnight.

Edited by grey ghost

Godzilla 98 adjust to 230. I originally thought it matching that would be tough. But it's looking to do that so that's great for a reboot. Sequel is a lock but they shouldn't rush it. I say 2018 for Godzilla 2.

I don't think they would wait that long for the sequel, it will be 2017 at the latest imo.

Everything that has happened this summer has been expected imo, it's been a predictable summer so far.

You expected Godzilla to open to 90m+? CA2 to open at 96m?

Please tell us how X-Men is opening next week since you can read the future.   ;)

• Like 3

Everything that has happened this summer has been expected imo, it's been a predictable summer so far.

So most people predicted 90+ m OW for Godzilla, 50+ m OW for Neighbors, and nearly sub-200 m DOM for ASM2?

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

You expected Godzilla to open to 90m+? CA2 to open at 96m?Please tell us how X-Men is opening next week since you can read the future. ;)

Cap opening to 95m was no surprise and Godzilla was expected by most to break out. TASM 2 grossing less than the first was expected by a lot of posters as well.And yes I predicted over 100M for cap and 85m for Godzilla, matter of fact over 50% of the posters know my club had Godzilla grossing over 78M.And sure, Xmen won't make 125M for the 4 day weekend. Edited by Jessie

CAP2/Zilla number are surprising but not shocking, same with ASM2 underperforming. If Dragon 2 flops/makes 500m domestic, that would be something no one saw coming.

Godzilla almost making 100 m OW is not somewhat shocking?

Most predictions were around 74 m.

and hardly anyone predicted ASM2 would barely scrape by 200 m. At the beginning of the year most people would've told you 230-245 m.