baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Congrats on being awarded moderatorship #ED, that's pretty darn cool.

Damn, didn't know lol

Hail Nolan?

Second that ED buddy!! :)... Amen Bishop.. Mr. Bishop did you get to see it  yet >

Thanks guys. All I can say is...

Posted Image

• Like 7

Seriously, no single superhero needs 5 freaking movies in just 12 years. So while we're at it, can we already cancel Wolverine 3? after 2 solo films and stealing screentime in most X-men films, I'm really filled with that character as well.

Only reason why SM took at  hit is  the unecessary reboot, and horrible choices for Spidey and  horrible screenplays...

All and all, maybe this is what the fans need to get back TM in the suit and Raimi in the saddle again.

I would so laugh as SM hit 300-400+Mil as soon as TM took back his most iconic role rofl.

• Like 1

Seriously, no single superhero needs 5 freaking movies in just 12 years. So while we're at it, can we already cancel Wolverine 3? after 2 solo films and stealing screentime in most X-men films, I'm really filled with that character as well.

I agree, but I really liked Mangold's Wolverine. 

On second thought, TASM2 should still be able to crawl past 200. The holiday will help, and then it can eke out the rest via summer days.

It'll be at 170 at the end of this weekend, maybe 175 or so before X-MEN hits, and then it should be around 185-187 by the end of Memorial Day. Even with 50% drops the rest of the way, it makes it.

• Like 1

All of this Godzilla vs Spider-Man nonsense needs to stop(except for the funny gifs). Honestly, if the fifth Godzilla in 12 years does 90m OW, then you can start comparing. Until then...this is the good Godzilla film people were waiting for. The good Spider-Man film people were waiting for did about twice as much business. 

It's a huge accomplishment. Spider-Man is an American icon and Godzilla….we'll…isn't.

• Like 4

On second thought, TASM2 should still be able to crawl past 200. The holiday will help, and then it can eke out the rest via summer days.It'll be at 170 at the end of this weekend, maybe 175 or so before X-MEN hits, and then it should be around 185-187 by the end of Memorial Day. Even with 50% drops the rest of the way, it makes it.

Honestly I just want it to past $200M, so 2014 can have the most $200M movies.
  • Like 1

It's a huge accomplishment. Spider-Man is an American icon and Godzilla….we'll…isn't.

I disagree with you there. Godzilla is a japanese creation, but Americans consider him part of our legacy as well.

Millions are about to show you jawa just how we feel about Godzilla!! :)

• Like 2

On second thought, TASM2 should still be able to crawl past 200. The holiday will help, and then it can eke out the rest via summer days.

It'll be at 170 at the end of this weekend, maybe 175 or so before X-MEN hits, and then it should be around 185-187 by the end of Memorial Day. Even with 50% drops the rest of the way, it makes it.

yeah i think it will crawl past 200m. summer weekdays will help. crossing thor2 seems tough unless the current numbers get revised and it manages a 16m+ weekend.

Lol Tele I hope no I predicted 195-198 M domestic... and 650-690M WW... I should still be closer than most :P

Very few of us joined Bamer mans under 200M club... Folks were shocked to see me against SM this time, including our Commander Shawn lol.. This however isnt my SM!!!!!

Edited by Superman001

Proof in point of how much of American icon is Godzilla...... Hes going to beat KK a home grown icon of cinema..

Enough said..  Prime is also considered an AMerican Icon, but his creations didnt stem here either  for that matter.

with 3d and inflation.

but yeah, probably both are equally beloved. idc.

Edited by a2k

not with 3d and inflation.

Yes he will.. KK 550M 200+M domestic..lol...2005 is in the same era.

If your talking about the 70s version, well if this Godzilla had be released then and both of them have the same technology..Godzilla still would have kicked Kongs ass.. Godzilla will still smash any KK past or present WW

with inflation by a mile!

Edited by Superman001

From 1962-1974 there were EIGHT Bond films. And an average of about 6 films every 12 years from '62-now. You must really hate Bond. Or is it that you just hate superheroes? :huh:

I get tired of the same stuff. And despte the recast, ASM series still feels like the same series as SM1-3 with largely the same topics talked about over and over again to average moviegoing Spidey viewers like me.

As for Bond? There's a MUCH bigger difference between Craig Bonds and Brosnan Bonds (btw these are the ones that I'm actively watching as they get released, 1962 is a couple decades before I was born mmm k) SM/ASM . Wolverine is self-explanatory, same actor, same topics over and over. Ohh I forgot to add Iron Man to the list, I'm full on that as well.

And yes, this is expescially relevant to superheroes cause their dominance in Hollywood coincides with the peak of sequel age. So obviously they will get most flack duh, we're certinately not getting 5 sequels to Mean Girls that I could get tired of

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 2

I disagree with you there. Godzilla is a japanese creation, but Americans consider him part of our legacy as well.

Millions are about to show you jawa just how we feel about Godzilla!! :)

And I will be one of them.

• Like 2

Yes he will.. KK 550M 200+M domestic..lol...2005 is in the same era.

9 years of inflation and 3d.

don't you think that matters a little? at least so that it doesn't deserve a "lol" from you.