baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Unless she says 38M or so. This thread...Hopefully it's not extremely front loaded. I still have that fear for some reason. I think this still has a huge fanbase that could cause it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think it will play well through the weekend.

• Like 1

Soooo...yeahhh, Godzilla was awesome. I totally underestimated it. The pacing and action was great, but the constant cut offs during the action scenes was annoying. I felt like I got enough action, but I do think they focused on the humans a little too much, like TF. The

MUTOS were awesome though and I loved the whole mating, lets all meet in San Fran

storyline. I also didnt really see the issue with the acting, I thought it was solid. Cranston was the heart, needed more of him, ATJ was alright. The movie as a whole didnt really have charisma, so it doesnt matter too much to have him oozing it. Im sure his QS will be much better. Effects were good and I liked the writing. The 3rd was VERY satisfying and I was never bored. Ken's face was impressive. The cinematography was also an A.As for everyone else...yeah they loved it too. Okay, people NEVER clap here. SC is not a clapping at movies kind of state. But someone clapped during Godzilla's reveal (which was awesome), and then the whole theater clapped at the end. I was like "huh?" cuz I never hear claps. I was a creeper and tried to listen in on peoples conversations, there was plenty of "that was so good", "that was awesome", "Godzilla is crazy", "I never wanna get in a fight with Godzilla", etc. ALSO, grown ass adults were sitting and standing and acting like Godzilla! They were acting out his fight moves and rawring and there was plenty of smiles and heads nods.I ran into my old buddy, Richie, who I graduated with and I asked him how he liked it. He said "man, that was so awesome. I wasnt expecting that. My favorite part was when Godzilla

used his lightning breath on the muto and ripped its face off

that was so sick." I could tell by his face that he was mind blown. He was with a group of like 5 others and they liked it as well. I dont think WOM will super great, but itll be pretty good. I will wholeheartedly y admit I didnt have much faith in this movie, and thought even $205M was too high, but skys the friggin limit now. It deserves it. And no Im no longer on a theater high, I had plenty of time to digest while standing in the parking lot like a thug. Dont worry, you can all rest assured, Im back home safe. The cars still at the theater, but I'm not.

• Like 8

A part of me is upset I won't be able to see Godzilla until Sunday at the earliest

Then I remember I have my first ever date tomorrow night and it's gonna be awesome and I have crazy ideas on how to make it awesome and it's gonna be amazing

Posted Image

Are you taking her to a movie or dinner or bowling or what? You can't just tease us like this.

Are you taking her to a movie or dinner or bowling or what? You can't just tease us like this.

I would guess dancing. He posted that gif to show us the moves he's gonna bust out on the dance floor.

• Like 1

Million Dollar Arm at 7:20

Steak and Shake afterwards, either dinner or shakes depending on our appetite

Oh, and also, I went out and bought myself a copy of Fault in Our Stars to loan to her since earlier this week, she said she wanted to read it, but didn't want to buy a copy. It's a surprise :D

• Like 5

Soooo...yeahhh, Godzilla was awesome. I totally underestimated it. The pacing and action was great, but the constant cut offs during the action scenes was annoying. I felt like I got enough action, but I do think they focused on the humans a little too much, like TF. The

MUTOS were awesome though and I loved the whole mating, lets all meet in San Fran

storyline. I also didnt really see the issue with the acting, I thought it was solid. Cranston was the heart, needed more of him, ATJ was alright. The movie as a whole didnt really have charisma, so it doesnt matter too much to have him oozing it. Im sure his QS will be much better. Effects were good and I liked the writing. The 3rd was VERY satisfying and I was never bored. Ken's face was impressive. The cinematography was also an A.As for everyone else...yeah they loved it too. Okay, people NEVER clap here. SC is not a clapping at movies kind of state. But someone clapped during Godzilla's reveal (which was awesome), and then the whole theater clapped at the end. I was like "huh?" cuz I never hear claps. I was a creeper and tried to listen in on peoples conversations, there was plenty of "that was so good", "that was awesome", "Godzilla is crazy", "I never wanna get in a fight with Godzilla", etc. ALSO, grown ass adults were sitting and standing and acting like Godzilla! They were acting out his fight moves and rawring and there was plenty of smiles and heads nods.I ran into my old buddy, Richie, who I graduated with and I asked him how he liked it. He said "man, that was so awesome. I wasnt expecting that. My favorite part was when Godzilla

used his lightning breath on the muto and ripped its face off

that was so sick." I could tell by his face that he was mind blown. He was with a group of like 5 others and they liked it as well. I dont think WOM will super great, but itll be pretty good.I will wholeheartedly y admit I didnt have much faith in this movie, and thought even $205M was too high, but skys the friggin limit now. It deserves it. And no Im no longer on a theater high, I had plenty of time to digest while standing in the parking lot like a thug. Dont worry, you can all rest assured, Im back home safe. The cars still at the theater, but I'm not.

Now do you see why I'm a Godzilla fanboy my friend? :)

• Like 3

Million Dollar Arm at 7:20Steak and Shake afterwards, either dinner or shakes depending on our appetite Oh, and also, I went out and bought myself a copy of Fault in Our Stars to loan to her since earlier this week, she said she wanted to read it, but didn't want to buy a copy. It's a surprise :D

Good choice, eating after gives you both something to talk about, and just going to see the movie would leave little interaction time for a first date.For any first date always choose something where you get time to talk to the person, casual dinner should help a lot.
  • Like 2

Now do you see why I'm a Godzilla fanboy my friend? :)

TBH, even if I was a Godzilla fan, i dont see how I'd get disappointed with that. I was thoroughly entertained, and I saw it more as a grand scale monster attack movie rather than just strictly a Godzilla movie.
  • Like 5

I aslo got stuck with the batch of trailers that no ones wants to see...No TF4, no Tammy, no Apes, no Interstellar...but I got Lucy, Dragon 2, EX3, EOT, and Into the Storm. Yawnnn. EOT actually looks pretty epic though, but the other trailers I didnt need. I did need TF4 and Interstellar, but thats life sometimes...

• Like 2

Million Dollar Arm at 7:20

Steak and Shake afterwards, either dinner or shakes depending on our appetite

Oh, and also, I went out and bought myself a copy of Fault in Our Stars to loan to her since earlier this week, she said she wanted to read it, but didn't want to buy a copy. It's a surprise :D

All this talk of first dates takes me back...went to see Attack of the Clones...forgot my wallet so she ended up paying for the tickets/concessions...

I wish I could stutter my way into asking a girl out and get undying "I can't quit you" love.

Damn you Garfield.

Okay, I know it's weird to quote from TASM2's thread like this, but OMG I asked out the girl I'm taking tomorrow totally stuttery and like Andrew Garfield in TASM1

I AM SPIDER-MAN BITCHES

• Like 4

Good choice, eating after gives you both something to talk about, and just going to see the movie would leave little interaction time for a first date.For any first date always choose something where you get time to talk to the person, casual dinner should help a lot.

Exactly my thoughts. Originally it was just the movie but I wanna talk to her soo STEAK AND SHAKE :D

I aslo got stuck with the batch of trailers that no ones wants to see...No TF4, no Tammy, no Apes, no Interstellar...but I got Lucy, Dragon 2, EX3, EOT, and Into the Storm. Yawnnn. EOT actually looks pretty epic though, but the other trailers I didnt need. I did need TF4 and Interstellar, but thats life sometimes...

Man, I'm jealous. I mean, I haven't seen Godzilla yet, but I still haven't seen Dragon 2's trailer on the big screen

That said, no Interstellar is unforgivable

All this talk of first dates takes me back...went to see Attack of the Clones...forgot my wallet so she ended up paying for the tickets/concessions...

LOL, not doing that :P

The only thing I really liked about Cloverfield was that they killed off all the white people and the black person was the one who survived. That and the music at the end credits.

edit: Guess that's two things I liked.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1