BobbyJohn

What was your single biggest movie wish/dream that didn't happen?

What was your single biggest movie wish/dream that didn't happen?

One particular movie that got stuck in developement hell and NEVER materialized?

Or maybe one particular version of a movie (i.e. Guilermo del Toro's Hobbit)?

Or maybe one particular casting choice that WAS on the cards but didn't happen in the end (i.e. Leonardo DiCaprio as Anakin in Episode 2)?

Disclaimer: Please, don't say "I hoped Green Lantern would be amazing but it sucked" kind of examples, this is not the purpouse of the thread. ;)

Edited by BobbyJohn

A decent Avatar: The Last Airbender movie. BOM people might remember how obsessed I was with following developments on that movie, and it looked so promising until word got out about how shitty it actually was.

Still pretty pissed about that.

• Like 4

A decent Avatar: The Last Airbender movie. BOM people might remember how obsessed I was with following developments on that movie, and it looked so promising until word got out about how shitty it actually was.

Still pretty pissed about that.

Disclaimer: Please, don't say "I hoped Green Lantern would be amazing but it sucked" kind of examples, this is not the purpouse of the thread. :P

I would have loved to have seen James Cameron's Mars project which would have been a ultra-realistic film depicting the first manned mission to Mars. Hopefully he will do that and his Hiroshima project after Avatar wraps.

I've never heard of this, but sounds GOOD :o More details please, when was it in developement, when it was halted?

Edited by BobbyJohn

Hard to narrow it down to just one.

Fincher and Freeman's RENDEZVOUS WITH RAMA.

Any version of NEUROMANCER.

GDT-directed, Cameron-produced AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS.

Lindelof/Cuse's THE DARK TOWER adaptation.

Douglas Trumbull's un-named 120fps science-fiction project (could still happen, I suppose).

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Disclaimer: Please, don't say "I hoped Green Lantern would be amazing but it sucked" kind of examples, this is not the purpouse of the thread. :P

I've never heard of this, but sounds GOOD :o More details please, when was it in developement, when it was halted?

I am hunting for the article, but unfortunately I cannot find it at the moment. Has anyone else heard of this? I will continue to search. 

A well-made, emo and Eric Foreman-free, non Sony executive meddled Spider-Man 3

A Star Wars trilogy (not prequels) that continued the Original Trilogy back when the actors weren't all over the age of 55

Nicolas Cage in a Tim Burton-directed Superman movie just for the lulz  :P

RDJ as Mr. Peabody

Edited by mahnamahna

That Revenge of the Sith was Episode ONE.

Posted Image

That the Hobgoblin/Black Cat part(1979-1987) of Spider-Man's history got the adaption it deserved. Which will probably never happen now that the goblin thing has been done to death.

Posted Image

That the Matrix would have been a standalone film.

Posted Image

A Longshot film based on the original limited series.

Posted Image

• Like 1

The 'Alien vs. Predator' film franchise not being based on the Dark Horse Comics series and corresponding Kenner toy line from the 90s. You know, the main source material and both brilliant. (Fox can still attempt this somewhere down the line.)

I'd also love to see a well done film adaptation of the 'Gargoyles' animated TV series.

Edited by PDC1987

Douglas Trumbull's un-named 120fps science-fiction project (could still happen, I suppose).

Do you mean beyond a short? Because he made that. I think it's called UFOTOG. The Seattle Cinerama premiered it earlier this month as part of their sci-fi festival. (I missed seeing it, unfortunately. Trumbull was there and gave talks for it and various other films they showcased one of the weekends.)

Edited by DamienRoc

That Harry Potter didn't go PG-13 from Chamber of Secrets. If they'd gone darker at that point the series may not have tapered off quite so much with casual viewers so quickly as it would have been a bigger departure from the first film, presenting a new hook other than Harry being back at school again.

Do you mean beyond a short? Because he made that. I think it's called UFOTOG. The Seattle Cinerama premiered it earlier this month as part of their sci-fi festival. (I missed seeing it, unfortunately. Trumbull was there and gave talks for it and various other films they showcased one of the weekends.)

No, he's got some mystery project that been in development for quite awhile. He claims it's pretty out-there hard SF, with visuals that would dwarf AVATAR. He wants to shoot it using his special cameras and tech -- native 120fps, designed for a huge IMAX-style screen.

Kubrick's Napoleon

Orson Welles' Heart of Darkness

GDT's Hobbit

Todd Field's Blood Meridian

Francis Ford Coppola's Megalopolis

Cameron & Fincher & GDT's Heavy Metal

Chris Nolan's Jim Carrey-starring Howard Hughes biopic

Neill Blommkamp's Halo

Lynne Ramsay's The Lovely Bones

Some of the ones that come to mind:

Paul Verhoeven's Crusade

Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune