Robot308

Can January/February & September/October End The Dumping Ground Off Season Cursed? I Hope So

• Community Manager

can the off season months become matured blockbuster tenpole/well made indie oscar like event films?

Sure, when Hollywood stops making films that deserve to be dumped.

• Like 9

I don't see why studios are so scared to release big movies outside of the summer/winter holiday seasons. If you make a good/appealing movie, people will come, and it will make money. Movies like Hunger Games, The Winter Soldier and LEGO have done great business outside of peak seasons, because they were appealing and lacked competition. That's another thing, competition. Instead of releasing all their big movies in one 18 week span, where they all compete with each other for screens and money, spacing them out would allow longer, wider, leggier runs. Release dates mean nothing if you're releasing a quality movie.

Edited by Gokai Red
  • Like 1

I don't see why studios are so scared to release big movies outside of the summer/winter holiday seasons. If you make a good/appealing movie, people will come, and it will make money. Movies like Hunger Games, The Winter Soldier and LEGO have done great business outside of peak seasons, because they were appealing and lacked competition.That's another thing, competition. Instead of releasing all their big movies in one 18 week span, where they all compete with each other for screens and money, spacing them out would allow longer, wider, leggier runs.Release dates mean nothing if you're releasing a quality movie.

That's True

Imo, September and October will always be September and October. I think we'll start getting more Oscar contenders in October, but I dont see it becoming a blockbuster month, at all. February will get more animated movies, but its not like they all will do Lego Movie numbers. And MLK weekend will become prime spot, the rest should still be shit. I also think April is becoming the new August. I feel like studios will start moving big summer releases to April and leave August to the lesser summer films, kinda like they do now. August is never really anything special imo anyway. Any month could work for a movie with the right tools, but I think the formula for now will stick to status quo, except more Oscars in October, more animation in February, and MLK holiday. And April > August.

Imo, September and October will always be September and October. I think we'll start getting more Oscar contenders in October, but I dont see it becoming a blockbuster month, at all. February will get more animated movies, but its not like they all will do Lego Movie numbers. And MLK weekend will become prime spot, the rest should still be shit.I also think April is becoming the new August. I feel like studios will start moving big summer releases to April and leave August to the lesser summer films, kinda like they do now. August is never really anything special imo anyway. Any month could work for a movie with the right tools, but I think the formula for now will stick to status quo, except more Oscars in October, more animation in February, and MLK holiday. And April > August.

i still have faith in August & September evolving

i still have faith in August & September evolving

IMO just because WB put a Ninjago movie in September doesnt mean its the new hotspot. DWA and Pixar usually stake out the summer and holidays, so smaller studios like BS, SPA, and now Warner animation are trying the off months. Theyre doing that to spread these movies out.As for August, the reason I say April will take its place is because August has been going the opposite direction. This year has Guardians, TMNT, and EX3, but theyre still not the big boys of Cap and Fast. I dont see how September can evolve without August. March has obviously had an affect on April, but hey its all opinion. We'll see in a few hears if things have changed.

IMO just because WB put a Ninjago movie in September doesnt mean its the new hotspot. DWA and Pixar usually stake out the summer and holidays, so smaller studios like BS, SPA, and now Warner animation are trying the off months. Theyre doing that to spread these movies out.As for August, the reason I say April will take its place is because August has been going the opposite direction. This year has Guardians, TMNT, and EX3, but theyre still not the big boys of Cap and Fast. I dont see how September can evolve without August. March has obviously had an affect on April, but hey its all opinion. We'll see in a few hears if things have changed.

i Agree with that