#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

@AmyKinLA: Welp, Sandler has his latest bomb: Early ticket sales indicate #Blended may barely crack $15m over the 4-day weekend.

Wow.  I knew he was on a downward trend, but I still figured he could do about $30 over a 4 day weekend.

I am so glad to be wrong!

• Like 1

There's an awesome AMC theater in Queens that has seats where you can lay down, really want to check it out one day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple years ago the AMC theater in my hometown did that retrofit of all their seats. I think the first film I saw there with them was Tintin. It almost overnight became the destination theater for the whole area, and really severely hurt the Regal theater around there.

After I'd "discovered" the change, I told my friends and we all went to see a film. I think we were aiming to see Haywire, but literally every showing for every film was sold out, so we ended up buying the final tickets available to see The Grey instead.

More recently, they've done assigned seating, which is nice.

I think I calculated that they probably halved their available seats for any given theater, but since they probably fill to capacity on a regular basis now, and didn't before, it's probably a net gain in business.

• Founder / Operator

That would be an awesome OD based off those late nights. Like I said, I think word about this movie's awesomeness will be getting out quickly.

Agreed. I feel like this will play to a slightly older crowd than the MCU (excluding Iron Man) and Spidey. But, really, the power of Jackman and Lawrence could balance things out if both age brackets show up.

• Like 1