#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

How does a film make 37m on Friday and only 100m for a 4-Day Memorial Day weekend? Is there some Gigantor drop in there she's not including? Oh wait it's Nikki math.

she predicted 100m before the weekend. she is not going to budge till tuesday.  ^_^

edit: or she just plugged in x3's drops. that gives you 100-101m.

Edited by a2k

How does a film make 37m on Friday and only 100m for a 4-Day Memorial Day weekend? Is there some Gigantor drop in there she's not including? Oh wait it's Nikki math.

The same way $100m 4 day can be seen by her as "over-performing" when it's what her source (coughFOXcough) predicted earlier this week.

Attempt at Nikki Math: 37 /27/ 20 /16 = 100

Attack on white house has always been my favorite scene in the series, and now Quicksilver scene tied it for me.

I like the scene, it was just a tad too silly for me to put it over one of my favorite scenes in any film ever.

• Like 1

I like the scene, it was just a tad too silly for me to put it over one of my favorite scenes in any film ever.

I waited years to see Nightcrawler on a big screen so that adds a lot to it, but I still think it's a fantastic opening for sure.

After that scene, I knew I was in for a great ride.

• Like 2

Although I think 80% of the film sucks giant MUTO balls, I hate it when simpletons use boxoffice numbers to trash or praise a film. 

Like... "Haha! Godzilla is dropping hard because its a shitty movie!" or,  "Transformers movies are great because the GA(lolz) loves them!" Um, really? Bad movies make mountains of cash all the time and its not that uncommon for great ones to under-perform or even flop.

And I honestly hope Godzilla ends up with a big total so the sequel won't be hamstrung by any budget concerns because I think it can be really great.

I thought the MUTOs were awesome - scarier than Godzilla.  The monsters were not the problem - the monsters were cool.  It was the humans who failed to be interesting when the monsters were off screen.  If the connective story was more interesting then the wait between monster smack downs wouldn't seem so long.

• Like 2

I thought the MUTOs were awesome - scarier than Godzilla.  The monsters were not the problem - the monsters were cool.  It was the humans who failed to be interesting when the monsters were off screen.  If the connective story was more interesting then the wait between monster smack downs wouldn't seem so long.

Yeah, I say second act is the reason why it is dividing people's opinions. I really wanted to see Serizawa more in action. If it had better characters, then second act could've bridged the fantastic first and third acts together IMO.

• Like 1

I think I'm doing good at predicting my top 3. Cap: TWS, Godzilla, and X-Men: DoFP were my three most hyped for movies this year and I loved all three. Interstellar's the dark horse.  :ph34r: