#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Yeah, I'll wait and see too. But DOFP is opening quite better than CA2 in many markets, so even with weaker legs, I think a total of 450M+ wouldn't be too hard. Besides, the addition of 3D might not help out much domestically, but it'll definitely give it a boost in the OS markets. I think it'll be a close battle between the 3 superhero movies to see who's coming out on top WW.

Honestly, feel Maleficent and Edge have enough power combined to crush this thing, OS.

Oh yeah definitely, like TASM2.  Didn't do well in U.S.  But did well overseas.Domestic:  $179,101,000  28.0%Foreign:  $461,000,000  72.0% = Worldwide:  $640,101,000

What is this one looking to finish with OS? 500M is still good, right?

Yeah, I'll wait and see too. But DOFP is opening quite better than CA2 in many markets, so even with weaker legs, I think a total of 450M+ wouldn't be too hard. Besides, the addition of 3D might not help out much domestically, but it'll definitely give it a boost in the OS markets. I think it'll be a close battle between the 3 superhero movies to see who's coming out on top WW.

Based on numbers so far, OS looks headed for 500m+. So it is very likely that X-Men wins this battle. Cap should come in second, narrowly beating TASM2.

Yeah, I'll wait and see too. But DOFP is opening quite better than CA2 in many markets, so even with weaker legs, I think a total of 450M+ wouldn't be too hard. Besides, the addition of 3D might not help out much domestically, but it'll definitely give it a boost in the OS markets.I think it'll be a close battle between the 3 superhero movies to see who's coming out on top WW.

Spidey opened much better than CA2 in a lot of markets bar a handful one...yet it wil struggle to reach $500M there.  Godzilla had the biggest overseas opening of the year last week too but can't keep up on the foreign front too a week later.

I just think $500M or $550m is HP and FF6 territories...those movies broke out in every single of the big markets abroad to reach that number.

DOFP opened big but doesn't break out, doing crazy numbers in Germany, Russia, the UK.  It does very good numbers not break out territory style though.

And with competition i will be more difficult to fight back because with that type of competition, the drop of theater counts will be harsher, quicker abroad.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 4

Honestly, feel Maleficent and Edge have enough power combined to crush this thing, OS.

I don't think either will be particularly huge OS. Both should do in 200-250m region.

Based on numbers so far, OS looks headed for 500m+. So it is very likely that X-Men wins this battle. Cap should come in second, narrowly beating TASM2.

Yeah, I was gonna say 500M+, but I didn't wanna jump ahead too much and got people too excited lol. Cause if it opens better than Cap and presumably have better legs than Spidey, which won't be hard, then 500M OS looks good.

If the early numbers is any indication (which is better than CA2 in many markets), DOFP would be looking at 450M+ OS. And depending on the domestic hold, it'll be aiming for 700M+ WW. Could beat out TASM2 and Cap for WW total even.

That is amazing.

Spidey opened much better than CA2 in a lot of markets bar a handful one...yet it wil struggle to reach $500M there.  Godzilla had the biggest overseas opening of the year last week too but can't keep up on the foreign front too a week later.

I just think $500M or $550m is HP and FF6 territories...those movies broke out in every single of the big markets abroad to reach that number.

DOFP opened big but doesn't break out, doing crazy numbers in Germany, Russia, the UK.  It does very good numbers not break out territory style though.

And with competition i will be more difficult to fight back because with that type of competition, the drop of theater copunts will be harsher...especially abroad.

I think a 500-550 finish WW would be decent for X-men.  It's never been a massive earner WW.

I am hoping for 90M for the 3 day for X-Men. The curse continues. Holy shit, Godzilla is gonna fail to reach 30M on the 3 day, even I have to find this funny :lol:

You're really enjoying this, aren't you B? :lol:Thanks for the title update.

I'm just having fun.  I don't want anyone to think I'm trolling.  It's just a give and take, back and forth.  Godzilla loonies had their fun last weekend, so now it's my turn, but just for a little.  :)

• Like 3