#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Who would have thought Godzilla or Lego would be sitting in the top 5, though I think Maleficent will knock someone out.

At this point of the year? Why wouldn't Godzilla be top 5? is there some film that massively underperformed at this point that should have been in the top 5 to replace Godzilla?

Not the point. The point is 2014 is the Year of $200M GroosersVery good, not great. Where is that Stratosphere Performer???DRAGON 2 & TF4 are our only hope for Summer season.Mockingjay & Hobbit 3 will be the savior for the Holiday season.

but we kind of knew this going into the summer season. If you go look at the summer game predictions not many people have more than one movie if any at all over 300 million. And don't be surprised if Planet of the Apes makes a really good push for 300 this summer. That new trailer is simply awesome.
  • Like 4

but we kind of knew this going into the summer season. If you go look at the summer game predictions not many people have more than one movie if any at all over 300 million. And don't be surprised if Planet of the Apes makes a really good push for 300 this summer. That new trailer is simply awesome.

Just watched it, I have to disagree its an average trailer

Avatar was the most amazing BO performance ever since I joined BOM.I was busy the week after it opened so when I came back to see the 2nd weekend number, I almost pissed myself.I would trust his ability to produce a hit more than I would trust my ability to piss. And I know how to piss.Also, Godzilla numbers are bad even with tough competition. I still think WOM is mixed not too weak, but it seems it does not have the rewatchability of some other blockbusters. Hopefully 4 year wait will do Skyfall and make people eager for more Godzilla. 200m is still a great success :)

200 million is the new 100 million. And 300 million is the new 200 million

Maybe 200 is more of closer to 150m~175m?It's still hard to get 200m.I'd say 300m is still almost the same.Though not sure how far we are going back to compare hehe

Just watched it, I have to disagree its an average trailer

I really liked the first one so this movie is really hogh on my must see list.
  • Like 1

Apes is definitely my most anticipated. Though I looked at my predicts 100 ow and 255 domestic. I have to think if it get good wom that dom seems pretty low

Apes is definitely my most anticipated. Though I looked at my predicts 100 ow and 255 domestic. I have to think if it get good wom that dom seems pretty low

Don't think that much big OW, and more like 210-220M. Or even 230M with great WOM.

Was Lego ever supposed to do this much?Was Cap ever supposed to go over this much?Was 300M ever in play for DOFP?TASM2 fell from expectations, was supposed to do 300M.Godzilla was predicted at 250M or so, 300M was that ever in reach? ASM2 was the only one that was supposed to get 300M.

I don't even think ASM2 was suppose to get to 300. A lot of predictions were around 225-250
  • Like 1

Apes might open in the 90s. Dragon won't open to 100. Toy Story 3 to the best of my knowledge is really the only kids movie in the last 5 years that has opened that high I think this one will open nicely and then have fantastic legs and make it over 300 million

• Like 6

Apes might open in the 90s. Dragon won't open to 100. Toy Story 3 to the best of my knowledge is really the only kids movie in the last 5 years that has opened that high I think this one will open nicely and then have fantastic legs and make it over 300 million

I'm not so sure about 300M now, to be honest. 27-29% OW / DOM is realistic so Dragon will have to open 85+, I think.

• Like 1

DRAGON 2 may be the first movie in 2014 that will break that $100M OW barrier

You lot are really over hyping it. It won't sniff 100m OW, Despicable me couldn't even do it and that had minions.
  • Like 3