#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

2 horrible leg side full tosses and that missed run-out. home crowd makes the difference between choking and confidence i guess.

The finish was a mathematicians wet dream. Dravid was disgusted, Tare could not believe it.
  • Like 1

Godzilla and TASM2 will both be lucky to reach 200M DOM now.

Oh come on CJohn. I don't think that's true. They both will get there pretty easily imo. Not much further though.

• Like 1

Godzilla and TASM2 will both be lucky to reach 200M DOM now.

tasm2 will be 187m after monday. will get 13m more. i don't think it will touch thor 2 though.

gz should crawl past too.

Edited by a2k

Oh come on CJohn. I don't think that's true. They both will get there pretty easily imo. Not much further though.

I don't think it will be that easy. 

Holy mother of god. The IPL just ended with the most ridiculous and convoluted circumstances ever seen. After 95 games, the finale was decided in an extra delivery. Kind of like how Man City won in the last 2 minutes 3 years ago.

Layman's terms please Edited by Numbers of House Stark

tasm2 will be 187m after monday. will get 13m more. i don't think it will touch thor 2 though.

gz should crawl past too.

Thor 2 stayed in theaters a long time, lol. I didn't even know it was still out there until Cap opened.

if someone starts a dofp 2nd weekend under 30m club, i will go in.  :P

especially if the actuals come in a tad below.

66.67% drop after 90m weekend should put it at 29.99m.

for mem day openers,

potc3 was -61.5%

x3 was -66.9%

ff6 was -63.9%

hangover2 was -63.5%(despite thursday release).

dofp should escape that big a drop with it's wom but it will be close enough to be bold.

Edited by a2k

I just realised I have The Call sitting on the DVR. I'm going to watch it.I hope the baumer who watched this was the baumer who watched DOFP and not Twilight.

The Call is great, one of the funniest movies of 2013

• Like 1

I remember that.    Another reason why I wonder how anyone was surprised when the movie without the Joker (TDKR) grossed less than the one with the Joker.

Should TDK get one of those theoretical asterisks because of following BB and having the Joker and Ledger's death?   How about Avatar and 3D novelty?   Every box office success stands on the shoulders of something.

Cap 2 being head and shoulders above Cap 1 in quality is a nice benefit too. :)

There are always unique circumstances, but something as significant as have a major film featuring a franchise character in between 1st and 2nd installments is something that should definitely be noted imo. This is a very simple and clearly defined category – franchises where the character has been featured in other films between installments. That is very easy to track and identify – as opposed to very unique events like Heath Ledger's death etc. 3D films have their own category on box office sites as well, as they should. You can find lists of IMAX films etc.. These are all huge categories. I can't even think of another film where the actor died and it actually helped the gross. A list of these films would be tiny and does not deserve its own category imo. 

By the way, I loved the shit out of Cap 2 and think the performance is stunning. My only point is: A discussion of Cap2's success needs to address TA; to list it as one of the biggest jumps between an original film and its sequel without noted that, is misleading and ignoring the context. 

And it will probably be the highest grossing SH worldwide anyway.

Movie goers outside the US have strange tastes in movies.   Sony must love it though...they don't even have to try hard and the world throws money at them. :unsure:

It was not about The Joker, It was about making a great movie. :)

And sending a message :P

So TDK jumping 160% is all about the quality but Cap 2 jumping 43% is all about the AE and needs an asterisk?    I would submit the quality jump from Cap 1 to Cap 2 is much greater than the quality jump from BB to TDK.

Hey I don't dispute what you're saying but even with Avengers bump a lot of people did not like Cap 1 and were not interested in seeing Cap 2 regardless.  Cap 2 is mega successful relative to it's predecessor. Even with the most generous Avengers bump avg WW predictions were 500-550m. So yeah to me, going from 370m to 700m is a huge accomplishment no matter how I look at it.

I agree and I never have disputed that.  

• Like 1

Alright, so DoFP opened in all markets OS with a $171m OS weekend. It won't hit $500m OS, IMO. But that's alright. Still a massive success. 

Over $450m, but below $500m. 

TASM2, DoFP, and CA2 are all going to be within 2% of each other in worldwide grosses. 

I agree and I never have disputed that.  

Truce then? Let's talk about how well Chef is doing.  You were the one that recommended it right?

I saw the ad on tv and I must admit all that food and wine on the fancy tables was pulling me in. I wanted to be right there. I am going to have to check it out.