#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Hey Ac, I forgot about Dragon....Kids will flock to that one too as well as grownups.

So we have 2 candidates.. The 3D trailer of Dragon looked spectacular.

What is MJ1 again?

Mockingjay Part 1 aka JLaw opens a can of whoopass on everyone

• Like 2

Let it fall. Potter was the biggest and most consistent franchise of the 21st century. May it fall 50 spots. That's fine. It's joined the likes of Star Wars and Indiana Jones in how iconic it is. And that's the biggest compliment a film franchise can have.

Im a HP fan too , but I rem you at one time saying how unbeatble part 7 part 2 would be. :P

So just telling you nothing is infallible. Even Avatar may fall one(though likely it will be James Cameron

that does it again lol--so im okay with that)

PPotter will proably always stay within the top 20.. As they are  going to re-release it soon and it will jump up

a few points.. HP7 does deserve to be right there with Avengers in all fairness.  So it will never drop

to top 50..And thats remarkable , considering how many mega movies come out year after year.

Hi Ecstasy what do you think Godzilla will do OS my movie queeny. And how are you today.

Battling it out with some loonies who cant stand Godzilla is going to beat alot of their films

and should pass KK by 50-100m I think

the max godzilla can do is 600m ww, and that is if it shows much better legs than it has so far.

575m is more realistic. 550m is reasonable too.

even 600 is just 50 more than king kong.

that's after 3D and 9 years of inflation.

not to mention how overseas markets like china have grown. (king kong made 12m total in china. that's nearly as much as transcendence's ow in china)

kk's bo is much under-rated and in a different league than godzilla. much above it.

Edited by a2k

Hi Ecstasy what do you think Godzilla will do OS my movie queeny. And how are you today.

Battling it out with some loonies who cant stand Godzilla is going to beat alot of their films

and should pass KK by 50-100m I think

You know I don't know. They're saying it had a pretty big drop this weekend. But it hasn't opened in China and Japan yet. That's the big Wild Card for it. I think 350-400 is in play.

• Like 1

Mockingjay Part 1 aka JLaw opens a can of whoopass on everyone

Oh snap..... That comes out when again. You know I still havent seen Hunger games II..

I need to rectify that. I heard its worthy of LOTR 2 and 3 and HP7 part 2, HP3 and HP4.

I consider those the elite of  the big mega franchises based on huge books.. Oh and also special nods

to LION THE WITCH etc.

Fault is not a big female-driven 'epic' like Twilight or Hunger Games that can track wider general appeal with action and CGI. If it breaks out (Blind Side-like) I would think it's gonna be in legs but I don't see any chance for 100 OW at all, or even 50 OW.

Thank god I'm not alone. TFIOS predictions are getting beyond ridiculous.

Hope Maleficent gets slowed down by negative reviews.

Does it have some negative reviews that haven't been added to RT or are you just hoping it's going to have negative reviews? 

Man for real. The whole summer without  at least 100m plus opener would be sad.

There's Transformers. If that movie fails to open to 100M ... I'm scared to imagine what would happen.

• Like 1

Dude, calm the hell down and write properly. I only understood two thirds of that last sentence. If you call us loonies, us who are normal compared to your behavior when it comes to movies you like and want to succeed so bad that you start imagining different things affecting their box office grosses so they don't seem so bad in your head, what are you?

You weren't on Mojo were you? This is how he posts and eventually he got banned for getting too riled up over a few select films.
  • Like 1

That'd be pretty sad. Doing 100m+ in 2014 shouldn't be that hard.

Well we got Fema level floods affecting BO, and  the economy is exactly the best for folks shelling out

10-20.00 for those 3D prices.. So any film that hits 100+M this year is really going to have that pent up fan push.

So Hunger Games MJ , Optimus Prime and perhaps Dragon look to be the only ones to do it.

Slight chance to TMNT (because of the kids drawing their parents to this perhaps) Still it could also turn off

kids and fans because of the design of the Turtles and the havoc they have done with the origin story.

You weren't on Mojo were you? This is how he posts and eventually he got banned for getting too riled up over a few select films.

I was not. I'm kinda happy now that I see who was around back then. This forum was quite chill when I signed up first, but the different kind of personalities that can pop up from left and right really ... messed up the experience, If you will.

I'm 95% confident that TF4 will clear 100m. One more badass trailer and a solid marketing campaign will seal it IMO.

Bingo, we haven't even seen Paramount's big marketing push yet and it has the whole weekend to itself. 100m is done.
  • Like 1

Oh snap..... That comes out when again. You know I still havent seen Hunger games II..

I need to rectify that. I heard its worthy of LOTR 2 and 3 and HP7 part 2, HP3 and HP4.

I consider those the elite of  the big mega franchises based on huge books.. Oh and also special nods

to LION THE WITCH etc.

CF was a great movie and one of best last year...the games themselves were a bit weak but overall the strong storytelling, characters, acting, etc just made it a great flick...CF's box office with just 2D collectiions speaks for itself...