#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

It's amazing how TASM2 will just barely pass $200m. Crazy for a Spider-Man film. Take away the 3D, and it'll be around $190m. 

That's 33% of SM1's attendance.

MUCH MUCH more less than 190. I'd go with 170/175 without 3D.

• Like 1

Might as well give my opinion on Frozen; it's good. However, I don't really agree with a lot of the praise. People claim it better than The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, but I just don't see it. Now, there are a lot of impressive things in the movie: I like the sisters, their personalities, and their relationship; it's genuine, it's adorable, and as someone who has two younger sisters, I always do appreciate a movie that has well-written female protagonists. Olaf is funny (most of the time), as well as there being good laughs from the other characters. And the songs are great...okay, maybe two or three of them. And the animation is fantastic too. However, in comparison with other movies, such as Tangled, I prefer it more. Tangled had better characters, a more entertaining villain, a better flowing narrative, and just had better romantic chemistry. And while Tangled had two really great songs, and two others that were just okay, Frozen had only Let it Go, DYWTBAS, and FtFTiF as the highlights; Love is an Open Door was cute, Frozen Heart was forgettable, and the Olaf and troll songs were just obnoxious and terrible to listen to. But that's just my thoughts, so maybe I'm just an idiot who has no good taste, I dunno.

• Like 2

A second weekend drop of 67% suggests that it's tanking.

And the second weekend drop of 72% of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS ll meant the same thing? THE SIMPSONS MOVIE tanked too?

• Like 2

DOFP Sunday is overestimated compared to RTH'd number

By half a million. No biggie. Theyre late enough that studio estimates are more accurate than RTH

And the second weekend drop of 72% of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS ll meant the same thing? THE SIMPSONS MOVIE tanked too?

It's one thing when a movie opens to 169M and is the LAST (eight, at the same time) movie of a popular franchise. Godzilla isn't a sequel nor did It open that high. Well, The Simpsons cost 90M less to be made and still grossed more than Godzilla's total gross, probably. So, The Simpsons did TANK, technically, but at least it made its budget back in the first three days, unlike Godzilla.

It's been popular for 6 months...and people aren't hating on it, many just think it's overrated.

I can see why it's making the money that it is, and it  has nothing to do with it being overrated. The kids love it. My two little girl cousins watch the movie on DVD all damn day long! If they are doing it, I can just imagine kids the world over are begging their parents to constantly take them to go see it. In a movie world where it is swamped with very adult films, dark films, and with things that kids will not understand, is it any surprise that Frozen is doing so good at the BO?

GODZILLA's not tanking. Jesus, don't be ridiculous. The legs aren't going to be good, but it had such a massive opening it's going to be fine.

It's tanking. The thread title said it was on Friday.
  • Like 1

GODZILLA's not tanking. Jesus, don't be ridiculous. The legs aren't going to be good, but it had such a massive opening it's going to be fine.

It's not going to bring any profit for the studio. That says more than enough.

It's one thing when a movie opens to 169M and is the LAST (eight, at the same time) movie of a popular franchise. Godzilla isn't a sequel nor did It open that high. Well, The Simpsons cost 90M less to be made and still grossed more than Godzilla's total gross, probably. So, The Simpsons did TANK, technically, but at least it made its budget back in the first three days, unlike Godzilla.

Simpsons and Godzilla both did not tank.

They were extremely popular and with great marketing managed to bring in their fan-bases in the ow. Should not be penalized for that.

Godzilla will end at 525m+ on 160m budget + marketing. That makes it a huge hit and going to make a lot of profit.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2