#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I love Hugh jackman, and he's an amazing Wolverine...but 2009 Wolverine really did damage to the franchise. Way more than Ratner.

It picked up the scraps that The Last Stand left.

Edited by Fancyarcher

At least DOFP is holding its own compared to its previous entries. The demise of the Spidey franchise saddens me as a lifelong fan.

First Class, The Wolverine, and DOFP have gone a long way towards bringing the quality of the franchise back up to high levels, and now DOFP is reaping the $$$ rewards of that increase in quality.

Hopefully Spidey can recover too. If X-Men can do it, so can Spidey.

• Like 1

As a fan of the X-Men franchise it's really difficult to believe that with 3D it still will fall about 10m short of X3's OW with 8 years of inflation.The spinoffs really hurt this franchise with the GA.

Am I weird for liking 2009 Wolverine? In terms of just mindless action, it does its job well. Besides the butchering of Deadpool, I don't get the hate. Jackman and Schreiber played well off each other IMO.

Yes, you are weird.

So The Day After Tomorrow increased 1% and then fell 10%, 20%, 66% for Tues, 18, 14, and then up 106 for Friday.

Apply this to X7 = 37 OD, 29 Sat, 26.1 Sun, 20.5 Mon, and then do 7 Tues, 6 Weds, 5 Thursday, 10.0 Friday, 35M weekend.  3,3/day weekdays, 20M against Edge of Tomorrow, 2/day weekdays, 12 against dragon, 1.2/weekdays and we are at a total of 223.6M and onto the 5th weekend and another screen drop.  If WOM shows in the X-men numbers for once, even slightly, it could challenge Lego and Cap 2.

Am I weird for liking 2009 Wolverine? In terms of just mindless action, it does its job well. Besides the butchering of Deadpool, I don't get the hate. Jackman and Schreiber played well off each other IMO.

I don't know if I like it but I do think it's better than X3

poor anna paquin.

though I just found out recently that true blood didn't end like, 3 years ago and is still going, so, um, good for her there?

Dude you got to experience True Blood, its the greatest vampire series of all time...Incredible, this year

it all ends though sadly--7 seasons!! WOW!

• Like 1

First Class, The Wolverine, and DOFP have gone a long way towards bringing the quality of the franchise back up to high levels, and now DOFP is reaping the $$$ rewards of that increase in quality.

Hopefully Spidey can recover too. If X-Men can do it, so can Spidey.

I agree with First Class but most people I know thought The Wolverine was just meh. I think bringing back the original cast is the biggest attribute to the increased BO performance.

Yeah you're definitely weird. It was a truly awful film that had way too many plot holes and no coherent story or plot with boring action scenes. Hell about the only thing I remember about the movie was that there was a Deadpool battle. It was boring and forgettable.

Well mindless is a perfect way to describe it.

Edited by Fancyarcher

And by the way, for everything that's been said and will be said about whatever numbers Godzilla and DOFP end up with this weekend, please keep in mind that both are HUGE SUCCESSES. Even if Godzilla has horrible drops from here, it's already at a far higher level than a lot of people expected. It's raking in the dough, and a sequel is coming. And DOFP, even though it won't have a 100M ow, is still a massive increase from First Class, with extremely promising signs for the future of the franchise. And we'll find out tomorrow, but it sounds like DOFP may be a huge success overseas too.

• Like 1

I loved Wolverine 2009... The new Wolverine 2 was better overall, but yep

Jackman and Schiber rocked that film, if it had a better story that was deeper it would have had

incredible BO for spinoff.

To be fair, it's been awhile since I've watched it from start to finish. Same goes with X3, which I don't hate either but it is a big step down from X2. What could've been if Singer stayed on instead of doing shitty SR...

And by the way, for everything that's been said and will be said about whatever numbers Godzilla and DOFP end up with this weekend, please keep in mind that both are HUGE SUCCESSES. Even if Godzilla has horrible drops from here, it's already at a far higher level than a lot of people expected. It's raking in the dough, and a sequel is coming. And DOFP, even though it won't have a 100M ow, is still a massive increase from First Class, with extremely promising signs for the future of the franchise. And we'll find out tomorrow, but it sounds like DOFP may be a huge success overseas too.

Amen Kitik!! :)..  Oh and Godzilla has many sequels coming ,but the second is definitely greenlit

na, i don't think ur that weird…it wasn't that bad. It pissed me off the most because they threw in my fav x men character - gambit as taylor kitsch without a back story or anything, just to throw it in.  Fucking annoying. Origins wasn't that bad- it was bad but imo most xmen movies have been shit so i mean its along with all the others besides x2 and maybe the new one- haven't decided yet. x2 is really the only good movie. It's f'ing the x men and singer has always just dwarfed them…eh just terrible as a long time cartoon show/comic fan.  These guys/gals are amazing and all singer shows is a little chit/chat or fight in a room… really? 

The spinoffs really hurt this franchise with the GA.

not so much "the spinoffs" but more like "the quality"

I think bringing back the original cast is the biggest attribute to the increased BO performance.

Bringing back Patrick Stewart helped no doubt, but it's extremely safe to assume that if First Class was the same quality as X3, we wouldn't be looking at anywhere near a 90M ow for DOFP. The quality of First Class surely helped a lot.

• Like 3