#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

To see how much effect TA had on CA2, just look at the opening. Give CA2 it's credit when it comes to legs, but it opened big everywhere. Huge, if you factor in the mixed wom that CA1 got. There's no denying TA played a big role.

• Like 1

95M OW proves that April is the new May? I'm confused. I don't see anymore Marvel movies scheduled to open in April. Let's not forget Cap 2 got an April release date because May was completely taken.

What are you arguing? Can you quote some posts? Looks like you're taking things out of context.

95M OW proves that April is the new May? I'm confused. I don't see anymore Marvel movies scheduled to open in April. Let's not forget Cap 2 got an April release date because May was completely taken.

I think Cap 2 proved it doesn't matter what month MCU movies open in, except for perhaps the Jan-Feb and Sept-Oct dead zones.

What are you arguing? Can you quote some posts? Looks like you're taking things out of context.

I'm stating that April still isn't as good as May.

To see how much effect TA had on CA2, just look at the opening. Give CA2 it's credit when it comes to legs, but it opened big everywhere. Huge, if you factor in the mixed wom that CA1 got. There's no denying TA played a big role.

Oh I give it some credit but what happened with Thor 2? Explain that.

Well, Thor 2 wasn't that great.

Obviously, there was a discrepancy in quality between the Thor and Cap sequels.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I think Cap 2 proved it doesn't matter what month MCU movies open in, except for perhaps the Jan-Feb and Sept-Oct dead zones.

I think CAP2 will still open $95M in Feb or the coldest week of January

• Like 1

I think the point is, we can't say "Cap 1 was so good that Cap 2 blew up".
  • Like 1

I'm stating that April still isn't as good as May.

Of course it is isn't. But it is still a great time to open a movie if Easter is in late April.

CA2 over-performed, but yeah - it's disingenuous to think of it as merely a sequel to the 370m grossing CA. 

Apart from it being a good movie, Marvel can be credited with releasing it in April. It's like they knew big releases in subsequent weeks would sputter.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Thor 2 opened big too. Didn't have good legs (am giving credit to CA2 for it's quality and legs). Also CA1 was small overseas probably because it seemed very america specific. But TA gave CA a new image globally. So it had more room to grow than Thor 2 which already did well os with the Thor 1.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1