#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

No. The Avengers Bump + Amazing Marketing Campaign + Empty Market + Being a Fantastic Movie was what made it do 700M WW.

I think the best thing to come out of Cap 2's amazing success was it destroying the notion that Cap could only work in the US since he was such a patriotic figure...Cap 2 took him beyond fighting just for the US and made him a symbol in standing up for freedom which anyone can relate to...

• Like 1

I think it has.  The success of CATWS has opened up the argument to having CA3 move to April. Which I'm OK with actually. (And I hate opening up that can of worms in a weekend thread).  Fast 7 is also releasing early April so yeah, the time frame for big summer type movies has opened up a bit to include April.

There was a time when they would've been released in August. I don't see why they still couldn't go in August.

If there was no TA, Cap 2 wouldve pulled an TASM2. Both Cap 1 and TASM had similar receptions on every medium. Spidey has the handicap of being left out, its hard to expand the audience, while Cap has it easy. That and amazing reception is the reason for it blowing up.

• Like 1

So what we're saying is...Cap 2 wouldn't have received a big bump had it not been for The Avengers.

For me TA is an incentive just like an A list actor or an A director (Nolan did it with MOS to increase awarness and interrest for the OW) or successful brand is.., which i think Marvel Studios is becoming.

That's why you have movies promotted with 'made by the director of X movie, or by the studio that did Y movie, ect...James Cameron could basicly do whatever movie and sell it on its name alone.

It creates an awarness increase during the opening weekend.  After that, the movie legs feed in certain degree that advantage.  If the legs are poor, it will lose steam quickly, if not it will reach a bigger gross.

I think Marvel's brand will soon trump every other advantage, TA included (especially after all the actors are replaced).  

We will see how GOGT will do but if it does well, that will be more because of marvel Studios brand association in the MCU than any relation that exist with TA.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

If there was no TA, Cap 2 wouldve pulled an TASM2. Both Cap 1 and TASM had similar receptions on every medium. Spidey has the handicap of being left out, its hard to expand the audience, while Cap has it easy. That and amazing reception is the reason for it blowing up.

Nobody is denying it had an Avengers bump. 

• Like 1

So Ed is already abusing his power? That seems a bit soon. At least have some patience and wait out a bit Ed.

Abusing? When have I used my Nolan powers to do anything here besides hide the 300 spoilers posted?
  • Like 1

CA2 IM3 Thor all had Avenger Bump without which IM3 wud hv grossed 700-800M CA2-500 M thor 400-500M

And yet the general predictions for CA2 were in the 500M range before release when everyone of course know and believe strongly in TA bump (that apparently give it a 200M+ boost)
  • Like 5

And yet the general predictions for CA2 were in the 500M range before release when everyone of course know and believe strongly in TA bump (that apparently give it a 200M+ boost)

LOL People have a hard time admitting how great this is for Cap 2. If it was that easy Thor 2 would have made 700m.

• Like 3

people clearly underestimated the avengers bump  :ph34r:

• Like 1