#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

i actually don't mind godzilla's 40m 4-day. it's still bigger than pac rim's ow.

i think it's a big hit with ~550 ww, ends the movie on a great last 20-30 min (there's a consensus on this) and has launched a franchise.

so everything now is a gravy. but i wouldn't go into nature taking away millions from godzila. that's just trying to re-live the movie in real life.

Flooding put thousands of people with no lights no homes. Thats alot of money, have no idea how much millions

were deprived from both Xmen and Godzilla, but look at just the early reports in May i posted.

Trust me it affect both movies...Xmen on the lesser scale, because its the top priority for folks to see, so if you managed

to get to a mall or local theater.. Your likely not going to checkout the older films..You want the new big event movie.

Studios need to schedule their films far better  though. .Especially reboots and debut films

Thousands of NE represent millions of tickets and we have 8 million people in just NY Alone.

Your kidding right?  LOL. NE contributes Im pretty sure more than 40-50% of movie tickets. Thats all we do

on weekends and even weekdays. :P

Dude, let it go. It disappoints, it disappoints. How about you get real for a moment and realize that flooding affected the box office with a few millions, maybe 10, AT MOST.

• Like 3

I overestimated. I honestly thought the movie would get over $100M. Now, it seems TF4 will be the only likely candidate, unless TFIOS pulls a rabbit out.

TFIOS is getting WAYYYY too much attention on these forums. It's tracking at 25m when awareness is already sky-high. It looks like a fantastic feel good movie which will definitely break out of Searchlight's usual 25-50m range, but the GA just isn't going to go for it. It might not even crack 100m. This is about the 5th time in the last week I've seen a user talk about a 70m+ opening and I'm completely dumbfounded by it.
  • Like 2

Yea? Dean from ya celly sounds very reliable.

As long as your silly predictions for Godzilla and Avatar burn  and HP Potter gets further down the WW

charts you can talk out your rear-end till your turn blue Noctis. Watch your HP fall to 6 or 8th place soon LOL

I Your franchises continue to fall to the wayside, while mine continue to grow..MWHAHAHAHH

As long as your silly predictions for Godzilla and Avatar burn  and HP Potter gets further down the WW

charts you can talk out your rear-end till your turn blue Noctis. Watch your HP fall to 6 or 8th place soon LOL

I Your franchises continue to fall to the wayside, while mine continue to grow..MWHAHAHAHH

You have issues. And not the type that make you mad. The type that make you look stupid.

talking about pandora, 3.5 b ww?

:ph34r:

3.6B actually... A2k.. Ask Noctis and others how many times they get owned by doubting films

I believe in :D... Dont right off that number when it comes to James Cameron.

Care to make a paypal bet :P that Avatar 2 beats Avatar WW :D

I overestimated. I honestly thought the movie would get over $100M. Now, it seems TF4 will be the only likely candidate, unless TFIOS pulls a rabbit out.

Fault is not a big female-driven 'epic' like Twilight or Hunger Games that can track wider general appeal with action and CGI. If it breaks out (Blind Side-like) I would think it's gonna be in legs but I don't see any chance for 100 OW at all, or even 50 OW.

Man this 90m+ opening trend is getting a little ridiculous. Transformers looks like the most likely candidate to break the trend. I don't see Dragon 2 getting that high.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we have to wait till MJ1 to break 100M+ opening weekend

• Like 1

You have issues. And not the type that make you mad. The type that make you look stupid.

Gets you  and the other over the top HP loonie noctis mad though.. So you mean shrewd like a fox.

ANd as I predicted dumbcuff James Cameron will be  in top 3 spots and Godzilla will beat KK minimum WW.

SLooks like I'll have to wait to the sequel to see if Godzilla can get to my 960M WW highend though.

Yessir, I always like a healthy debate and you had strong points. I absolutely loved Chef and it is not only a great film, but incredibly entertaining and fun to watch. It is the feel good film of summer imo and the food is off-the-charts. Let me know if you end up seeing it.

I'm thinking more and more I'll watch it soon. Maybe tomorrow.

As long as your silly predictions for Godzilla and Avatar burn  and HP Potter gets further down the WWcharts you can talk out your rear-end till your turn blue Noctis. Watch your HP fall to 6 or 8th place soon LOL I Your franchises continue to fall to the wayside, while mine continue to grow..MWHAHAHAHH

Let it fall. Potter was the biggest and most consistent franchise of the 21st century. May it fall 50 spots. That's fine. It's joined the likes of Star Wars and Indiana Jones in how iconic it is. And that's the biggest compliment a film franchise can have.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we have to wait till MJ1 to break 100M+ opening weekend

Possible ... the screenings I go to recently for the May movies have all had the old TF4 trailer from several months ago ... and every time it seems to be a 'meh' response.  Still, it's Transformers and until it really drops, I'll just assume it's gonna do 100 million+ opening weekend.

Hey Ac, I forgot about Dragon....Kids will flock to that one too as well as grownups.

So we have 2 candidates.. The 3D trailer of Dragon looked spectacular.

What is MJ1 again?

Gets you  and the other over the top HP loonie noctis mad though.. So you mean shrewd like a fox.

ANd as I predicted dumbcuff James Cameron will be  in top 3 spots and Godzilla will beat KK minimum WW.

SLooks like I'll have to wait to the sequel to see if Godzilla can get to my 960M WW highend though.

Dude, calm the hell down and write properly. I only understood two thirds of that last sentence. If you call us loonies, us who are normal compared to your behavior when it comes to movies you like and want to succeed so bad that you start imagining different things affecting their box office grosses so they don't seem so bad in your head, what are you? 

• Like 1

I'm thinking more and more I'll watch it soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Hi Ecstasy what do you think Godzilla will do OS my movie queeny. And how are you today.

Battling it out with some loonies who cant stand Godzilla is going to beat alot of their films

and should pass KK by 50-100m I think