kayumanggi

BIG HERO 6 | 435.3 M overseas | 657.8 M worldwide

In this respect, if they manage to do pull it off it doesn't matter much what studio or form of media it takes.

That's true enough, but doesn't the latter have an impact on the odds of achieving the former in the first place? If there is any circular logic here, we should try to break it. ;)

Some people might watch this because they liked frozen but the majority will watch it only if it has good word of mouth. It helps that it is following the successful release date of frozen I think and should do really well over the Chinese new year. 

KFP2 level performance would be a great success for this in my opinion.

Agreed, and despite my doubts I think that the potential is there (which nothing but hard reality could have convinced me of for Frozen in South Korea earlier this year).

• Like 1

Well, after some analysis I know exactly why BH6 won't be released before February in France : It's not just about Penguins of Madagascar, it's mostly because of this :

213078.jpg

It's probably the most ambitious French animated movie ever made, and if you add the fact they use the Astérix brand you can be sure it will be a huge success here (Astérix is a typically French brand and people love it), it will be released on November 26th.

Being sandwiched between this and Penguins would be dangerous, it's a very strong competition.

I hate to admit it because I want to watch it so much but Disney's move was certainly wise....

• Like 5

Well, after some analysis I know exactly why BH6 won't be released before February in France : It's not just about Penguins of Madagascar, it's mostly because of this :

213078.jpg

It's probably the most ambitious French animated movie ever made, and if you add the fact they use the Astérix brand you can be sure it will be a huge success here (Astérix is a typically French brand and people love it), it will be released on November 26th.

Being sandwiched between this and Penguins would be dangerous, it's a very strong competition.

I hate to admit it because I want to watch it so much but Disney's move was certainly wise....

Yeah... going up against Astérix in France would put it at a major disadvantage to any animated release.

213078.jpg

My French teacher made us watch this all the time in Grade 7!

• Like 1

After nine days on release inRussia, Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 has earned $10.3M – the 2nd frame was up 1% over the previous weekend with an estimated $4.8M. Russian kids are currently on school holiday and the story of the special bond that develops between an inflatable robot and a child that’s directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams next weekend travels to many more major markets, including the U.S. It won’t get to Japan, which figures heavily in the story, until December 20.

• Like 3

After nine days on release inRussia, Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 has earned $10.3M – the 2nd frame was up 1% over the previous weekend with an estimated $4.8M. Russian kids are currently on school holiday and the story of the special bond that develops between an inflatable robot and a child that’s directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams next weekend travels to many more major markets, including the U.S. It won’t get to Japan, which figures heavily in the story, until December 20.

Good work Henry B)

• Like 1

United Arab Emirates 6 November 2014   Dominican Republic 6 November 2014   Greece 6 November 2014   Croatia 6 November 2014   Iraq 6 November 2014   Kuwait 6 November 2014

Lebanon 6 November 2014   Mexico 6 November 2014   Peru 6 November 2014   Philippines 6 November 2014   Canada 7 November 2014   Cyprus 7 November 2014   USA 7 November 2014   Vietnam 7 November 2014  

:D