80 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Shutup Panda! Jolie elevates it.

She does, but her performance isn't all that great. Then again she has nothing to really work with.

It's more like everyone sucks so it makes her look even better than she actually is.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

Eh, harmless movie that doesn't challenge the viewer, has no danger for the characters and is all around just a safe, if not good-looking, movie. If not for Angelina Jolie this would've been a complete throwaway but as it stands, it's harmless.

***/*****, (C+, 5.8/10, 2.25/4)

• Like 2

eh, I had really really low expectations when watching. so it wasn't that bad. far from great.

wanted to kills those fairies, wish Maleficent would have ate them 

Jolie and Elle Fanning were by far the best thing about this movie. 

The Action Sequences were very poorly done. the part where all the men are surrendering Maleficent just standing there in full armor that could burn her. and they do nothing. and she just walks around dodging them.

The Costumes and makeup were fantastic.

The Visuals, while pretty didn't really do much for the movie. C+/B-

• Like 1

a very good movie with some faults. Angelina Jolie shines in her role as evil godmother. Especially the scene where her real daughter plays her godchild and demands to be lifted up.

but what problem has Disney with true love's kiss. That is the 3rd movie with it . The moment they introduce the prince, it is clear who will be the true love's kiss. A similar twist as in Frozen. And in the Princess and the Frog, we have a true American Princess, who kisses the Frog. (I mean for me a Princess is the daughter of a king neither marriage nor dollars can make you one)

The visiuals of the fairy tale are very good, but I did not like those 3 little fairy godmothers.

For the story problems others claim to have found, I could start explaining, how Disney has addressed them in the movie, but when I think about all those ridiculous storylines you people dig here in the forums, I will spare my breath. Probably everyone sees movies differently, when it comes to logical character development.

• Like 2

Let's see here the fairies were poorly animated and really poorly written. Copley I have no idea what the hell he was doing here. The rest of the male leads were bland and forgettable. And Maleficent was neutered as a character, she's the best Disney villian for a reason.

And yet I'd give it a slight recommendation because I liked the look of the film quite a bit. I thought Elle Fanning was really good as Aurora. And Jolie gave a great performance as the title character. Though she still pales to the voice acting of Elenor Audley and the animation of Marc Davis.

I guess I'll go with a B-