Neo

2015: Top 10 Opening Weekend Predicitons

Yeah slightly but only 110 OW for a SW film with all of the OT cast? That seems incredibly low.

$110M would only be $25M higher than the currently-standing December record. Not saying it will open that low (this far out, I have no idea how it'll perform other than $$$$$$$$$$$$), but it's not that crazy.

110 would be the smallest OW for any SW film and that's with all 6 films not having 3D when SW7 is going to have 3D almost certainly.

This is also the first Star Wars movie to open at Christmas time, when people are generally occupied with holiday shopping and whatnot until the 25th. It's impossible for any movie to have a $150M+ opening (at least over a normal 3-day weekend) during that month. Star Wars could open to $100M and still end up with over $600M.

This is also the first Star Wars movie to open at Christmas time, when people are generally occupied with holiday shopping and whatnot until the 25th. It's impossible for any movie to have a $150M+ opening (at least over a normal 3-day weekend) during that month. Star Wars could open to $100M and still end up with over $600M.

It still seems abnormally small for a film with such a massive fanbase behind it.

$110M would only be $25M higher than the currently-standing December record. Not saying it will open that low (this far out, I have no idea how it'll perform other than $$$$$$$$$$$$), but it's not that crazy.

Guardians was 25M higher than BU and I can guarantee you VII is more hyped.

Like it was impossible for a movie to do 749M, 94M OW in August box office knows no bounds.

110 would be the smallest OW for any SW film and that's with all 6 films not having 3D when SW7 is going to have 3D almost certainly.

?????????????? Um..........no Star Wars has ever opened to 110M.

August and December are two very different times of the year, pal.

Like anybody saw GOTG doing 94M in August, pal. Hasn't been an TA, DHII, TDK or DMC type movie in December so saying it can't hit 175M is just plain crazy. What do you think the previews will be?

The OWs would be the smallest ones since the OT when it was a completely different time for films.

Well yeah, but still none of them opened that high.

(ROTJ's PTA is still the most amazing ever, on just over 1K theaters and wow)

Well yeah, but still none of them opened that high.

(ROTJ's PTA is still the most amazing ever, on just over 1K theaters and wow)

Adjust all three of the PT ones had 110+ OWs and that was without 3D.

Why would Inside Out do good? I mean 74M is a good OW. Brave/Up 66M/68M, Nemo/Incredibles 70M, MU/TS3 over 80M. Seeing as its an original movie and not Pixar-Pre2005 I don't why it should go over what I have it at. Marvel has been on a role post TWS and even with TDW so I see it Ant-Man breaking Out. Minions is not DM, like PiB it should do better and 80M for a spin-off would be great. Tomorrowland at 69M is good its better than MiB3.

But Ant-Man isn't going to do that well.