Neo

2015: Top 10 Opening Weekend Predicitons

Again Star Wars Episode VII could do $150 million the weekend before. That's nearly double what Avatar did in its first two weekends. Inferno's gonna snag $10-15 million more. $165 million of competition the weekend before compared to $77 million for Sherlock Holmes. 

Star Wars Episode VII could get $80-95 million the weekend after. Inferno will probably hold steady. MI5 has Bond 24, Mockingjay 2 and Star Wars Episode VII eating up the blockbuster crowds. I can't see more than a $45 million OW with Star Wars likely to be a mega-blockbuster the week before. Even if MI5 gets a $60 million OW, it'll be 12th or 13th for 2015 OWs 

You don't think Inferno is in the same crowd? SH did 62M against a 70M+

You don't think Inferno is in the same crowd? SH did 62M against a 70M+

Inferno and Star Wars is $160-170 million the weekend before. The following weekend $100-110 million. That's more than Avatar's $75 million. $40-60 million is respectable considering the competition. And even a $60 million OW would make it top 15 rather than top 10

Inferno and Star Wars is $160-170 million the weekend before. The following weekend $100-110 million. That's more than Avatar's $75 million. $40-60 million is respectable considering the competition.And even a $60 million OW would make it top 15 rather than top 10

VII would be at 75M-80M (150M OW) and Inferno would be at 15M-20M on XMas weekend and Mi5 could make 60M that is 150M for top 3. Top 3 of Xmas 2009 was 180M+, Mem wknd 2013 was 170M+ June 21-23 near 190M, Mem wknd 2011 was 190M. In that case Inferno could do 50M.

1. Avengers 2 -- 210M2. MJ2 -- 170M3. Star Wars -- 150M4. Jurassic World -- 120M5. Bond -- 95M6. 50 Shades of Grey -- 90M7. Fast 7 85M8. Inside Out 75M9. Tomorrow Land -- 65M10. Minions -- 60M

Despicable Me 2 made 60m in two days, the brand has only grown, it's opening higher than that (especially higher than Inside out or Tomorrowland)
  • Like 1

Despicable Me 2 made 60m in two days, the brand has only grown, it's opening higher than that (especially higher than Inside out or Tomorrowland)

DM2 doesn't equal a spinoff no matter how lover the Minions are.

Boy. Seems like my list has caused some heads to turn. :mellow:

I put some big movies in there and put some down, going outside the box a bit, but also some that I think could hapen. I don't like making cliche lists.

Buy shouldn't your predicts be what you are predicting?

Avengers 2 - $220mMockingjay II - $176mStar Wars 7 - $155mFast 7 - $125mJurassic World - $115mBond - $110mMinions - $100mMission Impossible 5 - $90mThe Good Dinosaur - $85mAnt-Man - $75m

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

fast 7 opens less than fast 5 & u call that most realistic. 50 shades of grey $90????

Those Fast and Minions predictions are a joke

So we're to assume that every fast movie they make is going to increase more than the one before it?

So I assume then by the time they make Fast 15 we'll be talking about a 190M OW:lol:

So we're to assume that every fast movie they make is going to increase more than the one before it? So I assume then by the time they make Fast 15 we'll be talking about a 190M OW:lol:

Lol at anyone predicting F7 to open to anything below $100m.

Buy shouldn't your predicts be what you are predicting?

They are, I just pretty much took some of my predicts and upped them or downed them a bit to make them bold. I like living life on the edge B)We do this every year guys. Raise your hands and tell me which one of you thought Maleficent would gross 240M?Hmm.....In terms of OW, I'm sure there were doubters of GOTG or even Godzilla hitting 90M+ OW. Most like me though Dragons 2 was going to open to huge heights, look there......There are always upsets.

So we're to assume that every fast movie they make is going to increase more than the one before it? So I assume then by the time they make Fast 15 we'll be talking about a 190M OW:lol:

Eventually there will be franchise fatigue but I don't see how it decreases after Fast 6 also increased, had a great reception, strong DVD sales, and it has zero competition along with being the first big budget action event movie of the year
  • Like 2

So we're to assume that every fast movie they make is going to increase more than the one before it?

So I assume then by the time they make Fast 15 we'll be talking about a 190M OW:lol:

Until they decide to make a Fast 2 or Fast 3 I mean switching characters or doing a different story not in the same storyline.

Edited by Neo