Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Okay, Cap 2 had very good legs for a blockbuster and I loved the movie. But it opened to 95 million and it'll finish with around 260. How are those INCREDIBLE legs? Lego finishing in that area with a 69 million opening is incredible. TDK doing 530 million off a 150 OW is incredible. TA managing a 3x multiplier off a 207 OW is stupendous. Cap 2's legs are not incredible.

It was a success regardless. I don't really care about how big its legs were.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I doubt he has seen Godzilla. His behavior makes me think he's purely trolling. Idk why, if you dislike a movie, just say it and then it's over. But to constantly bring it up is IMO annoying and kind of sad.

There's no way baumer didn't see Godzilla; you should know baumer well enough to know that he wouldn't be bashing it without seeing it at this point in its run

• Like 5

I really want to buy The Lego Movie on Blu-ray, but there are also The Wolf of Wall Street and the 300 collection coming out this month. Too much for my wallet  :ph34r:

I still need to pick up Gravity on Blu-Ray, but then next up will be LEGO. :D

So every weekend so far since April 25-27 have had new opener take the weekend crown, will EoT also win next weekend? 

June 6-8 NEW Winner (EoT)

June 13-15 NEW Winner (HTTYD2) 

END of the run. 

haha Edge of Tomorrow isn't opening at #1 there's like no buzz

So my top three movies so far this year are:3. A Haunted House 22. Captain America the Winter Soldier1. GodzillaSo far I have yet to see a film I have disliked, last bad film I have seen was White House Down.

Wait you liked A Haunted House 2

and didn't like White House Down

WHAT WHAT

• Like 3

Regarding EoT...given the crappy marketing, is the consensus still that keeping the original title might have hurt it more than it's hurting right now? All You Need is Kill at least sounds intriguing.

No, the title should've been LIVE DIE REPEAT

Cruise is definitely past his peak. Jolie is at her peak for sure. 

How is he past his peak?  

Okay, Cap 2 had very good legs for a blockbuster and I loved the movie. But it opened to 95 million and it'll finish with around 260. How are those INCREDIBLE legs? Lego finishing in that area with a 69 million opening is incredible. TDK doing 530 million off a 150 OW is incredible. TA managing a 3x multiplier off a 207 OW is stupendous. Cap 2's legs are not incredible.

I agree that Cap 2's legs aren't incredible by standard definition of incredible(I don't know why you're even bringing TDK into this or Lego for that matter), but stacking up against everything else this summer in the same demo it's looking pretty great.  Not to mention how it almost matched the legs of the first Cap despite opening $30m higher than it did.

• Like 1

Blankments did you see and enjoy (or at least partially enjoy) AMWTDITW? You've liked all my posts regarding it.

Nah, haven't seen and don't plan on it. What thread did I like your posts in? I can give you context then

• Like 1

Nah, haven't seen and don't plan on it. What thread did I like your posts in? I can give you context then

"Oh please! I'm not a big fan of Seth's but even I laughed a few times at A Million Ways To Die In The West".

"Other than being a western comedy, it's not really all that much like Blazing Saddles to begin with, so yeah".

"It does and it doesn't. Does that work?"

"At least the budget for AMWTDITW is not very big".

Etc... All in the Thursday thread.

• Like 1