Dementeleus

Tuesday 6/3 actuals: Maleficent 7.196 DOFP 3.788, AMW 1.865 Godzilla 1.370 (Rth)

You meant to type until I do believe, "....until Fault really breaks out."

Here's some anecdotal "evidence" to chew. The book is among the top 5 books that stays checked out of Davidson Co.(Nashville) Middle School Libraries and while it's not in the top 5 it's in heavy rotation among our high school libraries. I don't think we are unique in that regard concerning it's popularity. 

It should do very well for the kind of movie it is, especially with that budget. I believe those of you expecting more than 40m OW though, and especially more than 50m, are overestimating it.

It should have a huge Sat drop if it plays like a lot of breakouts among the young female audience. They tend to rush to see things more than any other demo. Magic Mike for example fell 42% on Saturday with a similar OD.

It's not the same demo. Magic Mike played older, and was very much a "girls night out after work" sort of film. TFIOS is more HS and college aged.

It should do very well for the kind of movie it is, especially with that budget. I believe those of you expecting more than 40m OW though, and especially more than 50m, are overestimating it.

I don't have an expectation other than it opening #1 weekend for it's debut. Should top Mal. 

What about TA? 

Nope. As far as pre-sales go the final Harry Potter movie was up there.  I'm talking about sold out shows over a month in advance. Not just one or two but 16-20 shows per theater in some cases. One chain in Utah had over 60 sold out midnight shows for THG.

Edited by ECSTASY

Fault's breaking out. Pre-ticket sales are insane.

I read one of the author's other books and I hated it, I imagine this one is even 10x more melodramatic, based on that alone I'm against it. Add it threatening Maleficent second weekend and I really hope it fails. But I know it won't. Every girl I know has been raving about the book for 2 years, so a breakout doesn't surprise me.

Have movie poster designers just decided to stop trying? 3 new posters from the past 3 days

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of these make the much criticized DOFP poster look like a masterpiece

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

MJ1 is Fandango's most anticipated movie of this year.  Fault in Our Stars is not.  I'm sure it will make monies.  Not sure if it will be Titanic style date movie that needs to be watched a dozen times.

MJ1 is Fandango's most anticipated movie of this year.  Fault in Our Stars is not.  I'm sure it will make monies.  Not sure if it will be Titanic style date movie that needs to be watched a dozen times.

I asked the wife (with great trepidation) if she wanted to watch TFIOS this weekend. She replied "No, it looks too depressing. The Tom Cruise movie looked good in the trailer before Godzilla, we should watch that." I knew there was a reason I married her.

• Like 11

I asked the wife (with great trepidation) if she wanted to watch TFIOS this weekend. She replied "No, it looks too depressing. The Tom Cruise movie looked good in the trailer before Godzilla, we should watch that." I knew there was a reason I married her.

But in the end it should lead to happiness...I think.  Never read the book so don't know.

Have movie poster designers just decided to stop trying? 3 new posters from the past 3 days

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of these make the much criticized DOFP poster look like a masterpiece

Posted Image

I can only see 2.