Plain Old Tele

Tuesday 6/3 actuals: Maleficent 7.196 DOFP 3.788, AMW 1.865 Godzilla 1.370 (Rth)

There is a lot of love for Jolie in this community so most of the time its not her movie that is interesting, though Salt was awesome. 

I haven't seen too many of her movies, but just as a person she's pretty great. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen too many of her movies, but just as a person she's pretty great. 

Yeah, that's what I mean, people like her either for her looks or her personality and not much for her movies. She has done some good movies, but I haven't seen them all either, so I am only judging her by the ones I have seen and they haven't been that great other than Salt and Wanted. 

And I will continue to do so, this isn't the comic book movie only forum, where we can only praise one type of movie's BO performance. :D

I adore you for that aDIM, I am serious. I like the love you show for Nikki and Jolie. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the US is weird like that. One of only 3 countries still using the metric system.

You wouldn't know the other 2 would you.  :P  :lol:

And the US is not only weird for that, but they have everything on their own way, while all of EU is following eachothers step. 

You wouldn't know the other 2 would you.  :P  :lol:

And the US is not only weird for that, but they have everything on their own way, while all of EU is following eachothers step. 

Burma and Liberia.

Posted Image

And yeah, every country has its own weird eccentricities, but not one which has as much global influence as the US. The refusal to switch to metric is what is most confusing, every scientific organization within the US still needs to adhere to metric conventions since the rest of world isn't switching back to imperial anytime soon, so why not start at the grassroots.

• Like 1

This time I had to choose between J.Law and Jolie. Honestly, it was no competition.

That said I am still trying to see DOFP asap.

You should go see it, no time wasting aDIM. My two hollywood women now are JLAW and Brie Larson. 

• Like 1

Burma and Liberia.

Posted Image

And yeah, every country has its own weird eccentricities, but not one which has as much global influence as the US. The refusal to switch to metric is what is most confusing, every scientific organization within the US still needs to adhere to metric conventions since the rest of world isn't switching back to imperial anytime soon, so why not start at the grassroots.

Nice, that must have taken it's time.  :lol:

Thanks for that grim and US need to get it's shit together and get with the plan.  ;)

There is a lot of love for Jolie in this community so most of the time its not her movie that is interesting, though Salt was awesome. 

Come to think of it, Angelina Jolie's resume is kinda underwhelming for someone of her stature(the most famous celebrity in the world).  Its not bad, shes had a lot of BO hits yes, but none of them are particularly memorable or stand out as really great IMO.  I mean, I loved Tomb Raider when it came out because I was a kid and thought Angelina Jolie was like the hottest women on the planet at the time, but If I watched again today, I'd probably hate it.  Shes an interesting performer and I've always liked her, but I think she has been mostly wasted in either mostly forgettable movies or ones that I have no interest in like Maleficent.

• Like 3

Come to think of it, Angelina Jolie's resume is kinda underwhelming for someone of her stature(the most famous celebrity in the world).  Its not bad, shes had a lot of BO hits yes, but none of them are particularly memorable or stand out as really great IMO.  I mean, I loved Tomb Raider when it came out because I was a kid and thought Angelina Jolie was like the hottest women on the planet at the time, but If I watched again today, I'd probably hate it.  Shes an interesting performer and I've always liked her, but I think she has been mostly wasted in either mostly forgettable movies or ones that I have no interest in like Maleficent.

Left the theater to watch Fast and Furious when I got bored of Tomb Raider back then.

Great post about this Oz, I love it, its like you read my mind and said what I was about to say a page ago. 

Posted Image

• Like 1

Hey. It's Jolie's birthday today. Please wait until tomorrow to trash her film career. :P

(You guys aren't too off based though tbh, I've seen a few articles since Maleficent came out complaining that for such a talented/prolific movie star her actual filmography isn't much to write home about. Then again she's made all of three films in the past 6 years)

• Like 1