Dementeleus

Tuesday 6/3 actuals: Maleficent 7.196 DOFP 3.788, AMW 1.865 Godzilla 1.370 (Rth)

I asked the wife (with great trepidation) if she wanted to watch TFIOS this weekend. She replied "No, it looks too depressing. The Tom Cruise movie looked good in the trailer before Godzilla, we should watch that." I knew there was a reason I married her.

Stop bragging about me. You know I'd leave you for Tom any day. That man can totally get in me.

• Like 1

Yeah, well, that's martin/T.E. Lawrence, same dude who emailed Ray Subers all sorts of bizarre stuff about his Frozen predictions.Dude is, uh.... yeah.

yeah... he is a little out there (a bit like a character from WoWS...) but as others have noted he is no frozen fan... just a fan of its japanese run. But to his credit i will say that he is very good with numbers and he was actually one of the (if not the) first who realized what kind of potential the japanes run has/had (after the blu ray/dvd release announcement it is probably going to loose some stream... )

Has more balls in his 2 minutes in this movie that GoT.

Having said that, I couldn't get over some of the bad aspects of KA2. It almost pulls itself off as a passable knockoff, but it lacks the tightrope navigation that Matthew Vaughn managed to do with the first.

KA2 is easily one of the most disappointing sequels ever. It lost every bit of the charm that the first one had. You know how some sequels do that thing when they one-up the original in every aspect, this one did the opposite...

And what does the director get? A big-budget superhero gig :rolleyes:

KA2 is easily one of the most disappointing sequels ever. It lost every bit of the charm that the first one had. You know how some sequels do that thing when they one-up the original in every aspect, this one did the opposite...

And what does the director get? A big-budget superhero gig :rolleyes:

There were only three standout scenes in that movie, while the first one, pretty much the entire thing was fantastic. I liked Hitgirl trying to save Kick Ass in the van, when Hitgirl goes to Kick Ass for comfort after the asshole kids set her up, and when Kick Ass gets the text video about his father. The rest was just a jumbled up mess. Even Christopher Mintz Plasse was kind of boring, and he usually tends to light up the screen.

So, is it looking like CA2 will still be the number one CBM domestically of 2014?

yes. dofp weekdays this week trail ca2's. 

and after the 3rd weekend(so next week for dofp), ca2 mon-thu was 2.6m(easter monday) + 2.2m + 1.7m + 1.7m.

so next week too dofp will be at par and not much ahead on weekdays. could well be behind.

ca2's weekends are also way bigger.

last week was 41.27m vs 32.55m

ca2's next 2 weekends(#3 and #4) were 25.58m and 16.21m

dofp's upcoming weekend will be around 16-18m. so dofp's 3rd weekend will be at par with ca2's 4th weekend.

the weekday advantage starting next to next week(when dofp itself will be ~1m per day) will barely make any dent in ca2's weekend advantage.

so looks like ca2>dofp>asm2 or gotg?

lol didn't think i would type that

Edited by a2k

Has more balls in his 2 minutes in this movie that GoT.

Having said that, I couldn't get over some of the bad aspects of KA2. It almost pulls itself off as a passable knockoff, but it lacks the tightrope navigation that Matthew Vaughn managed to do with the first.

Kick Ass 2 was just to crude and silly really. 

• Like 1

:lol: my reviews are pretty short but yeah it'll have to wait until Saturday. You planning on watching it E?

I wanted to watch it because I'm curious about Doug Liman's directing. But I'm not the biggest sci fi fan. I might.

• Like 1