Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Okay, EOT was freaking awesome. You know how Godzilla looked like an action movie where you care about the characters - this is that movie.Within the first 10 minutes, the release date made complete sense (although in terms of being a good release date it still doesn't).Cruise and Blunt are just brilliant. The action is awesome, and the ending thankfully didn't take the cheap way out when they easily could have. The audience I was with applauded at the end.Definitely one of the best movies this summer.

• Like 3

Can't wait to see this bomb in Portugal in 2 weeks. In the meantime, Maleficent and A Million Ways are already flopping nicely (Maleficent is being highly effected by 3D, because the theaters that have it in 2D are doing very well), X-Men is screwing me badly, and Dragon 2 should flop next weekend with an OW under Rio 2.

Okay, EOT was freaking awesome. You know how Godzilla looked like an action movie where you care about the characters - this is that movie.

Within the first 10 minutes, the release date made complete sense (although in terms of being a good release date it still doesn't).

Cruise and Blunt are just brilliant. The action is awesome, and the ending thankfully didn't take the cheap way out when they easily could have. The audience I was with applauded at the end.

Definitely one of the best movie this summer.

FTFY

I think both Maleficient and How to Train Your Dragon 2 will both have good legs, given how there is no Pixar movie this summer (little Planes 2 doesn't count).

I highly doubt this.

Can't wait to see this bomb in Portugal in 2 weeks. In the meantime, Maleficent and A Million Ways are already flopping nicely (Maleficent is being highly effected by 3D, because the theaters that have it in 2D are doing very well), X-Men is screwing me badly, and Dragon 2 should flop next weekend with an OW under Rio 2.

Why does Portugal even have movie theaters?  :lol:

• Like 2

lol you really hate that movie.

There's no way that it won't be annihilated by TFIOS which is having better WoM then Maleficent ever will and HTTYD2 which is much more popular with kids and parents in general.

Why does Portugal even have movie theaters?  :lol:

I strongly ask myself how many years they will exist now. Things are far worst than ever before. Nothing makes money. Theaters are empty every day. I just can't see Portugal having movie theaters in a mainstream way for many more years. 

Edited by CJohn

I strongly ask myself how many years they will exist now. Things are far worst than ever before. Nothing makes money. Theaters are empty every day. I just can't see Portugal having movie theaters in a mainstream way for many more years. 

Do you guys have a big chain (e.g. regal, amc, etc) or bunch of independent theaters?