Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Not right now. I have like 10 projects and 15 exams in the next 3 weeks. But in the Summer I will.

I had exams in February. I saw over 30 movies that month :P

I expect something similar in the next month. World Cup though...

I saw it. She's always great in period drama. Speaking of that movie, did you like the style of it? A lot of people didn't. I thought it was refreshing.

I appreciated the effort, the visuals were neat, she was a standout but I didn't think the movie was very good.

He just didn't have the charisma the role required. I never got what was so damn special about Mr. Darcy.

Matthew MacFayden was very good in AK, though. 

Well... He is the richest eligible bachelor around. But you couldn't tell it from that movie. :lol: McFadyen has plenty of charisma. I just think he played it too humble and shy. D'arcy is arrogant. He's rich, handsome and knows he's a catch.

• Like 1

Well... He is the richest eligible bachelor around. But you couldn't tell it from that movie. :lol: McFadyen has plenty of charisma. I just think he played it too humble and shy. D'arcy is arrogant. He's rich, handsome and knows he's a catch.

I like that Darcy version of humble and shy.  As well as being in love but cannot admit to it.  As well as being a gentlemen and willing to help her.

What really was funny is seeing Mr. Darcy's mansion and wealth which Keira thought he didn't have.

Huh? She knew he had all of that. How could she not know? Everybody knew? What she didn't know and what was a big surprise to her was that he was a kind man and not the asshole he appeared to be. Yes, she was taken aback by the vastness of his wealth seeing it in real life but she always knew he had it.

But I have to shout out one of my favorite British actors in that movie.  Tom Hollander killed it as Mr. Collins.

OBLIVION was almost "a twist too far" (sorry, been reading Cornelius Ryan) but it pulled back a bit in the second half. Very much a pastiche of many other science-fiction stories, but I still thought it was very entertaining.

Pretty much. But I can appreciate a well done pastiche. The novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo was a pastiche after all.

• Like 1

Huh? She knew he had all of that. How could she not know? Everybody knew? What she didn't know and what was a big surprise to her was that he was a kind man and not the asshole he appeared to be. Yes, she was taken aback by the vastness of his wealth seeing it in real life but she always knew he had it.

But I have to shout out one of my favorite British actors in that movie.  Tom Hollander killed it as Mr. Collins.

That character was borderline autistic. But I do like Tom Hollander in almost anything. 

I like that Darcy version of humble and shy.  As well as being in love but cannot admit to it.  As well as being a gentlemen and willing to help her.

Well I liked it but it kind of defeats the purpose of bringing an arrogant person down a few notches when he's always that way.