Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse starts reaching juggernaut franchise numbers OS. 250m seems like a safe bet for it DOM though. And even that may not happen if it's not great like DOFP.

If Singer comes back then it's mostly guaranteed that he'll make a great if not excellent film. All 3 of Singer's films have been good at worst.

• Like 2

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse starts reaching juggernaut franchise numbers OS. 250m seems like a safe bet for it DOM though. And even that may not happen if it's not great like DOFP.

Hope it will jump well OS Hunger Games style.  As people become more aware of Xmen DOFP watching it on dvd or on tv for those who won't watch it in theaters as well as erase the memories of Last Stand fiasco.

If Singer comes back then it's mostly guaranteed that he'll make a great if not excellent film. All 3 of Singer's films have been good at worst.

Yup.I'm no massive Singer fan, but Singer plus Xmen equals kowhite having a great time at the cinema.
  • Like 4

Yup.I'm no massive Singer fan, but Singer plus Xmen equals kowhite having a great time at the cinema.

Singer and X-Men are like Martin Campbell and Bond. Milk and cookies.

• Like 2

I fucking hate Paul Greengrass. He infected Hollywood with shaky cam, which absolutely ruined The Hunger Games.

I'm rather a large admirer of Greengrass. I don't like the trend that he is largely responsible for, but Greengrass is incredibly effective at making a tense thriller. It's not Greengrass' fault that say, someone like Gary Ross is not as good at doing so.

• Like 2

LOL IKR. That was a re-cast. India Isley must have been TERRIBLE :rofl:

I hope someday we see that footage. Because it'd be legendary. I try not to be too hard on child actors/actresses but I mean....damn was young Maleficent's acting terrible. 

• Like 1

I don't see what the big deal is if Fault drops to 13-15.  Say it falls to 14.  That's a 22% drop from the Friday number.  All this means is that the book has a massive fanbase that was eager to see it on the first night.  

This stigma that a frontloaded film is some horrible thing for the film is just wrong.  It still puts Fault on pace for 50 mill weekend.  Why does it matter if it all comes on Friday or spread over the weekend?

This is what the studios want now.  They want their films to be front loaded.  It's not 1985 anymore.

Well, the budget is... ;)

• Like 1