CJohn

The Croods: A New Age | Nov 25, 2020 | RIP Cloris Leachman

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

My gut says this is taking down Tenet for top pandemic movie.   

My head says it’ll fall a couple M short.

It'll be cut short by the regular home releases/rentals coming out in a few weeks and direct competition from Tom & Jerry but this has definitely become the true box office winner of the pandemic era. They'll probably end up making a third one under the assumption that this would've made triple (or more) the total it's headed for in normal times.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:21 PM, WandaLegion said:

My gut says this is taking down Tenet for top pandemic movie.   

My head says it’ll fall a couple M short.

This is very real. Gut and head now in agreement — this is slightly favored to take out Tenet domestically.

• Like 1

It is kind of weird how well this is holding, because I would think that with this being a kids movie, a $20 rental at home would still cost less than seeing it on the big screen, since parties of two or more would be checking it out. I guess parents just want their kids to do something outside, even if it's staying in a dark auditorium for two hours.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2013 at 8:12 PM, Blankments said:

I liked the movie and all, but... this gets a sequel while MegaMind or Rise doesn't? :( Curse you moviegoing public!! :P

The Croods: A New Age joins Home Alone, Tootsie, Beverly Hills Cop, Titanic, and ET as the only film to land at #1 in its 12th weekend.  🤣