CJohn

The Croods: A New Age | Nov 25, 2020 | RIP Cloris Leachman

Every DW movie that has had a sequel had a show. I think only Legends of Awesomeness and whatever Madagascar was subtitled were on Nick only.

I think the only one that doesn't have a second movie is Peabody and Sherman (Which is fine, because the show is actually entertaining), Home, and Monsters Vs. Aliens.

Edited by Morieris

I was very surprised when it was cancelled, much less surprised that it has been revived.

As mentioned, the original was a surprise huge hit at nearly $600m WW and it's 2 stars are both riding career highs in success and popularity at the moment.

If the original had a sequel clause in it they might be getting Emma and Ryan for much less than their current asking prices.

I know this is early but I'm starting to think this'll do anywhere from $80M-$115M domestic. That 7 year wait will hurt it in addition to the TV show it has

The 10 year olds that watched the first Croods will be 17 years old when this Croods 2 comes out. Will they still give a shit?

Just now, John Marston said:

The original was a hit but that doesn't mean people remember it 

this

could  be like Happy Feet 2

It will hurt badly for two reasons:

1.) The original's audience will be young adults by now and the first one wasn't a juggernaut 

2.) The Netflix show will still be relevant 

However otherwise Universal will dominate animation in 2020. Minions 2 and Sing 2 should be the heavy hitters and Trolls 2 can also surprise.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:49 PM, John Marston said:

The original was a hit but that doesn't mean people remember it 

this

could  be like Happy Feet 2

This is likely to suffer from the "too much time lapsed" syndrome.

I enjoyed the first but don't really recall anything from it, at all. Just remember liking it as I left the theater. 

8 hours ago, lilmac said:

Made $600m WW, I'm surprised it took 7 years for a sequel to get made.

And it's also a brilliant movie, on top of that, which I watched 10 times in cinemas back in Dublin.

No other animation deserved a sequel more than that! Yet - this is the one that gets fucked, while other garbage (Pixar, etc.) flood cinemas.

I guess it's just the proverbial bad luck of the Shay...

PS: The other answer is - it is a DW movie. DW had lots of troubles in the recent decade (fuck Pixar for that, again!).

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1