Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I don't see why people are so disappointed with that HTTYD2 number. Considering the world cup is going on right now, it kind of makes sense. Also, marketing for this was awful. I'm sure it's going to have great legs as it seems to be the only family movie this summer. It's not the end of the world guys.

As for 22 Jump Street, I don't see more than a -15% decrease today. I don't think this is a rush to see it on opening day kind of movie. In fact, I'm gonna watch it with my buds between World Cup games. Regardless, I'm extremely happy this made 25M yesterday. Really excited to see it! 

Domestically, the World Cup isn't that big of a deal.

• Like 2

Overall a disappointing weekend considering the insane expectations around here. Both are having big jumps from the predecessors, but somehow both will go down as disappointments. 

You posted this before. I want to know how in the world you figure 22JS will go down as a disappointment. 

You need to explain this one. I haven't seen one person here or anywhere disappointed with its numbers for this weekend.

• Like 2

Yeah, unless you were part of the 70m club, I think 22 Jump Street is performing just about as expected, maybe just a touch lower. It's gonna be in the 58-62 million range. And it's going to be contending for 200 million possibly.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

If Dragon does not make at least 250 domestic, I am going to cry.  Please do not make me cry American movie-goers, okay? 

Get ready to cry

• Like 1

22 Jump Street was never predicted to finish in the top 5 for the year. Therefore, it's doing as well as or better than a lot of people expected. If you're disappointed with the 22JS number, then you were predicting a much higher number than most people were.

HTTYD 2 was expected to be a contender for finishing in the top 5 for the year. A lot of people were predicting that it would break out and win the year. Others were predicting $300M. If it fails to reach CA:TWS, then that would be a huge disappointment for it.

Meanwhile, CA:TWS keeps leading the way.

• Like 2