Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Lower than what a lot of people thought

Based on what?  What do most people have it to finish with?  Go look in the summer game.  My guess is not many people have it over 700 mill and it could still hit that.

• Like 1

I stand corrected.  A lot of players had Dragon at over 800 WW in the game:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14698-list-of-all-players-preseason-predictions-completed/

Good God, my WW totals for Maleficent, X-Men and Edge are worse than I remembered. 

WHAT LOL LOL LOL LOL I HAD A MILLION WAYS DOING 360M WW LOL LOL LOL LOL

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Good God, my WW totals for Maleficent, X-Men and Edge are worse than I remembered. 

WHAT LOL LOL LOL LOL I HAD A MILLION WAYS DOING 360M WW LOL LOL LOL LOL

Posted Image

This entire summer has been so jacked up...at this point, everyone might as well forget whatever they put down...

This entire summer has been so jacked up...at this point, everyone might as well forget whatever they put down...

Well, not to be a dick, but a lot of my early picks are doing kind of well.  :)

Well, not to be a dick, but a lot of my early picks are doing kind of well.  :)

Nothing is exactly doing well with me. Yeah, surely Godzilla is just fine in the top 15 DOM, but that goodwill burns when I look at my predictions for it in my top WW and my top DOM OW.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I'm not sure which is worse: my HTTYD2 domestic or OS prediction. :unsure:However, I'm mildly pleased that others will fare worse. :)

Heh, I have it at 690M WW. I guess I am safe on that one. Now my 270M DOM prediction on the other hand...

This Summer has been kind of disappointing, but a lot of the wealth has been shared by a lot of movies. I don't think we're going to get a bonafide flop this Summer like Battleship or RIPD. It's not as drastically bad as many are making it out to be. Sure we might not have a $300M+ grosser, but 2014 Summer might beat the record for most 200M+ films. 

• Like 1

Even though I was one of the rare few who didn't really care for CA:TWS, these past few weeks really put into perspective how successful its run was.  After so many disappointments (mainly in terms of legs, I don't care about 100 OW ASM2, Godzilla, X-Men all had very good to great openings) CA really bucked a trend that hadn't even started yet.  ASM2 and Godzilla are going to BARELY cross 200, while X-Men will probably fall short of X3.  Really a shame, as I believe all three have something really good to offer.  

Maybe legs will slowly become a thing of the past (except in terms of sleeper hits that gain WOM).  Rush factor is bigger than ever and even though it's shit that 7PM on a Thursday counts as a Friday number there's no denying the fact that people want to see a movie RIGHT when it comes out (opposed to say 10 years ago).  It's getting hard to tell the fanboys from the general audience.

All that to say CA is really the only film (in terms of blockbusters) to have any sort of legs and that's something.

Edited by RyneOh1040

It hasn't opened in any major territories

So? Even with 420m overseas (a generous estimation) it will likely make less than 650m WW. It's not a flop and not one person is saying that but it's a disappointment compared to the vast majority of expectations. Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

that guy's been playing Frankie Valli for 400 years . did the original broadway show when it started, is in the movie and JUST started a stint on the west end. dude's gonna be playing him when he's into his 80s. It pays the bills but I can't imagine how sick of the music he must be.

Maybe... he is Frankie Valli :o