Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

#2 is  How To Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation/Fox- 4,253 theaters) targeting $18M today which is pretty great, too. With a 3x multiple (on the high end for summer ) that’s a big $54M with the Saturday kiddie bump. This is Jeffrey Katzenberg’s biggest toon opening in a long, long time. Audiences gave it an A Cinemascore which will help word-of-mouth. I’ll write my full report  on Saturday.

http://nikkifinke.com/

• Like 1

Hathway looks gorgeous as usual.

It's weird... the girl I was just with (working on actually moving on from atm) looked A LOT like Hathaway, but I usually can't stand Hathaway. Now I agree, she looks gorgeous.

Related, but the girl who played Maya in 22 Jump Street was ridiculously attractive omg

#2 is  How To Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation/Fox- 4,253 theaters) targeting $18M today which is pretty great, too. With a 3x multiple (on the high end for summer ) that’s a big $54M with the Saturday kiddie bump. This is Jeffrey Katzenberg’s biggest toon opening in a long, long time. Audiences gave it an A Cinemascore which will help word-of-mouth. I’ll write my full report  on Saturday.

http://nikkifinke.com/

I think it will end up in the upper 50s.

Relax, people. It is going to have a very good Saturday. And it will have very good legs over the next month. Frozen had a frickin' 6X multiplier during a crowded time of year when it was going up against other blockbusters. Now, Dragon is not going to have a 6X multiplier, obviously, but it will still do really well. Just relax.

Posted Image Edited by 22 Jandrew
  • Like 4

so now I see a legitimate competition between LM and HTTYD for the best animated feature oscar, thought if HTTYD overperforms at the box office it'll take the award by default. It's great, both great films, both box office hits. 

Critically and among people who have seen them all in opinion, it got last place, and honestly, even though this is a box office forum, I think we're all more here for our love of quality movies. Maleficent ain't quality, Dragon 2 and Fault are. :D

I thought we were here to support Disney.

Hail Disney!

• Like 2

I still haven't seen the Interstellar trailer. I won't watch it on purpose.

Your determination to not see Interstellar's trailer is not your fault. Your trais nothing. The trailer is everything. If you make yourself anticipate more than just a man, if you devote yourself to this idealistic approach, you become something else entirely. A forum legend, lab276.

You're the top poster in the Cap 2 thread and your sig is GotG :P

Fine, I'll replace you with WileECoyote in my meaning ;)

I love Cap 2. So what? I got Rocket Raccoon in my sig because he's cute as hell. I may not even see Guardians in the theater. 

Minions says hi. Inside Out and Jurassic World too. Fast and Furious 7. Bond 24. Mockingjay 2. Star Wars Episode VII.Plenty of 300 million contenders for 2015

Lots of contenders for 3rd place. Disney has first and second place locked up. And, Disney might just take 3rd place with Inside Out too....just because Disney can. 2015 will be a wonderful year at the box office.

• Like 1